Chapter 5 : Love Me Tender

* November 15th, 1956 *
~Recap~
~It seems with each passing day, more and more is happening to Elvis and his career. He's been on so many tv shows, I've almost lost count : The Milton Berle Show, The Steve Allen Show, The Ed Sullivan Show. He's been doing a lot more concerts lately too. He's traveled all over America doing shows in different states. Momma, Daddy and I went to most of them in the beginning , Dodger stayed back home in Memphis with family.
But after so long, Momma couldn't take all the traveling anymore, so we haven't been to as many as we used to.
I turned 12 just 3 months ago, and Elvis threw me a huge party. He invited all my friends from school and helped Momma with decorations. It wasn't anywhere special, just at our house. But the thought Elvis put into it, was all that mattered to me. I remember walking into the living room and seeing everything all set up. I looked in the corner of the room and there was a mountain of presents. I asked Momma who they were from and she said

" Honey, those are all just from Elvis. "

Elvis has had many more relationships in the past year, but they all end the same way : Elvis is away too much. I sometimes wonder if he's ever gonna settle down with a girl and get married.
At the moment, he's currently dating a girl named Marilyn Evans. She's real pretty and nice, but I don't think it'll last long.~

I stand in front of the mirror of our hotel room, admiring my new dress Elvis bought me, it's white with little red polka dots all over it with a Peter Pan collar.
He's bought all of us new outfits for the premiere : Momma, Daddy, and Dodger all have something to wear. Momma comes out of the bathroom in her new dress, it's black and sparkly with short sleeves and a bow around the waist. She looks so pretty. Daddy looks awful handsome too, he's wearing a matching tuxedo with Elvis.

There's a knock on the door as I finish tying the matching red ribbon in my hair.
Momma opens the door and it's none other than Elvis. He looks absolutely handsome in his tuxedo. In his hand are three red roses. Momma envelopes him in a hug.

" My baby boy looks so handsome! "

" Thank ya, Momma. You look so beautiful. "
Elvis kisses Momma on the cheek.

Once she releases him, he looks my way. He let's out a low whistle as he walks in my direction.

" Look at you. "
He gets down on his knee and takes my hand.

" You look very pretty, Sattnin. "

Elvis takes one of the three roses from his arm and hands it to me.

" It matches your dress, too. "

He gives the other two to Momma and Dodger. Elvis turns back around to face me.

" Miss Presley, would you do me the honors of being my date tonight? "   He holds his arm out for me to take.

I giggle and smile up at him as I take his offered arm.

" It would be my pleasure, Mr. Presley. "

He laughed too, and we strolled out of the hotel room, arm in arm with Daddy escorting Momma and Dodger behind us.

*1 hour later, in the movie theater*

The movie was fantastic! I never knew my brother could act so well. In the movie, Elvis plays the younger brother of a Civil War soldier and Elvis's character, Clint, falls in love with his older brothers girlfriend. They think the older brother died, so Clint marries the girl. It's a really beautiful, yet sad story. I even cried at the end when Clint died. Elvis saw this and held my hand, rubbing my knuckles, trying to soothe me. Tears were still streaming down my cheeks as I heard the first notes of 'Love Me Tender' during the ending scene. Then Elvis's face appeared on the screen, almost ghost like. I was sat between Dodger and Elvis, when he leaned over and sang along in my ear, switching up the words.

" Love me tender, love me true,

All my dreams fulfilled. For my Lizzie,

I love you,

and I always will. "

~Sorry, this chapter was short. It wasn't so great either, I've been having writers block so please bear with me. I hope you're enjoying the story so far!
- Katie~