Chapter 14 : Now and Then, There's a Fool Such As I

~ Previously

I head upstairs to my bedroom before Elvis can say anything else.

' Maybe he's up here. ' I think to myself, trying to calm down. I don't know why he'd be up here, but I'll go with anything other than the idea of him and the pretty, tall brunette from downstairs.

I approach my door and see it's shut.

Then, I hear rustling from the other side.

" John? " I call out, thinking he's gonna jump out and scare me. I smile slightly as the noise stops.

Caught him.

I decide to return the favor by suddenly opening the door, attempting to startle him.

But what I see, makes my stomach drop. ~

" John!!! " I yell, shocked and hurt by the sight in front of me.

The Brunette from downstairs is in John's arms, as he's kissing her passionately. On my bed!

Tears pinprick behind my eyes as I stand there, my mouth agape.

John immediately pushes himself away from the girl, she does nothing. Only sits there with a slightly annoyed look on her face.

" Lizzie! Baby, it's not what it looks like. "

" Then what is it?!?! "

He says nothing. Only sits there with a guilty look on his face.

I take the ring he gave me off my finger and throw it at him.

" Why would you do this?! "

Again, Nothing.

He knew what he was doing, he didn't even try to apologize.

Tears are slowly starting to fall.

I run out of the room and down the stairs.

" Lizzie! Wait! " I hear John's urgent voice behind me but I don't stop.

Once I reach the bottom of the stairs, I see everyone enjoying themselves, laughing. Elvis looks over at me and immediately stops laughing. His face showing worry.

" Lizzie, please. " John gently turns me around to face him.

I look down at the floor, tears never ceasing to flow. John tries to turn my face up to look him in the eye, but I jerk away.

" What's going on? " Elvis asks, his voice hard as stone.

No one says anything, in fact the room is dead quiet. But I think when Miss Brunette came floating down the stairs as if nothing happened, gave Elvis the answer he didn't want to hear.

The look in Elvis's eye, I've only ever seen it once. When he found out that one of his so-called friends tried to make a move on Priscilla.