5: I'd Let Him Butter My Muffin Any Day

A/N: After some editing and rearranging, this was pushed to a new chapter. so some of you may have already read an earlier version of it. I'd recommend reading through it anyway since it's a new version. If you're a new reader disregard this. 

***

Idiot For Hire

Chapter 5: I'd Let Him Butter My Muffin Any Day 

“Adri!” Trish exclaimed, running into my room with an excited look on her face.

“Shh,” I whispered, smacking at her arm when she came closer. “My mom’s asleep! She just got home from work.”

“Sorry,” she said, lowering her voice considerably. “There’s a Benjamin Collins here looking for you. And let me just say it right now: I’d let him butter my muffin any day.” She snickered, a grin crossing her face.

“A what?” I didn’t know a Benjamin Collins. If I did, I didn’t remember him, which, by Trish’s reaction, was pretty unlikely.

Trish shrugged. “I don’t know. He’s waiting for you downstairs. He just got here.”

“Have security escort him up, just in case he has any funny ideas,” I said.

I could tell Trish was dying to make an inappropriate comment about these “funny ideas,” but she kept them to herself. “I’ll go tell security. Maybe they’ll manhandle him so I can come to the rescue…” She didn’t bother giving me a chance to reply. She walked out of the room, mumbling to herself about being his savior.

About a minute later, there was a knock on the door. “Come in,” I called out.

An attractive guy that looked to be a little older than me walked in. He had short blond hair and a classic California tan. He was joined by two of our security men, though I was sure Trish wasn’t far behind. This guy didn’t look very tall. Granted, no one looked tall standing next to our security men. Those guys were huge.

“Can I help you?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“No, I just came to bring you this,” he replied, walking towards me. I eyed him warily, but all he did was hand me a thin, cream-colored folder. I needed to stop being so paranoid.

“What’s this?” I asked, turning the folder over in my hands.

“It’s Nathan’s resume.”

“He couldn’t even bring me his own resume?” I shook my head, muttering to myself about who I’d just hired.

“Give him a break,” Benjamin said, an edgy tone in his voice. “He really needs this job. He probably didn’t show it, but he was really excited about getting hired. He just didn’t want to be too obvious about it.”

“Was he really?” I asked, pleased at the thought. He’d seemed as if he couldn’t care less whether he got the job or not. In reality, he’d just been trying to play it cool. 

“Yeah, he was.” Benjamin nodded. “I mean, he’s still packing right now, and he’s trying to figure out how to sweet talk you into letting him carry around his Kate Upton cut-out.”

“If that cut-out comes within a fifty foot radius of me, I’ll burn it,” I warned.

“Then I probably shouldn’t mention the other things he’s going to try to sneak past you,” he said, amusement interlacing his tone. “I’ll let it be a surprise.”

“How thoughtful of you,” I said sourly. Opening the folder, I glanced inside and was surprised to see a professional looking resume. It looked really good. In fact, it looked a little too good. After examining it for a few more seconds, I looked up and said, “Nathan didn’t make this.”