Chapter 17 - Old Friends

Ross' POV

"Cameron?"

"Ross?"

We both stare at each other in shock. It's Cameron Dallas. The guy who betrayed Calum and I. The longer I stare at him the more rage builds up in me. I stand up fully and fairly straight.

"Nice to see you again" I spit through my gritted teeth. He nervously chuckles.

"Um... why am I getting the feeling like this isn't very nice" He steps back as I step forward.

"Well if you didn't─"

"Man, what are you waiting for?" Someone shouts from behind me and more rage builds up inside me from hearing his voice. I turn around to his shocked face from seeing who I am.

"Sup, Shawn" I say coldly.

"Oh my god" He breathes.

"Hey boys, why don't you say we go back to my car? We have some catching up to do" I fake smile, turning around. "Calum's there too" I announce, totally forgetting to pay for the gas and walk to my car. As stupid as they are, Cameron and Shawn follow. This is going to be good.

"Finally, what took you so lon─" Calum begins, but gets interrupted by the sight of Cameron and Shawn behind me. He looks back at me and I smirk. "Ross what the fuck?!"

"Calm down! I thought we could catch up" I wink at him, smirking, so he knows I'm not being serious. His face softens a bit but he still looks at me with a stern, daddy-like look. "Guys get in the back of the car and just so you can make sure we're not joking around and we won't drive away with ye in it... you... um─you can take the keys!" I grab the keys from the ignition and hand it to them before Calum could grab them back off me. He shoots me a glare as the boys take the keys out of my hand and get in the car.

"Ross" Calum warns. "Can I speak to you please?". I laugh.

"Yeah". He gets out of the car and closes the door.

"What are you doing?" He whisper-shouts.

"I want to ask them a few questions as to why the fuck they left us! We're stuck in this without them now, and I want to know where the fuck that promise went of us always sticking together! Now if you want to help me get back in that car and let's start asking questions!" I whisper. "Or else you could go back into the shop, because I forgot to pay for the gas" I pout. He rolls his eyes.

"Typical" He sighs, taking the money from my hand and walking into the shop. I smile and get back into the passenger seat of the car.

"Hello, boys!" I shout acting happy, as I look at them from the front of the car. They look at each other nervously and back to me mumbling a 'hi'.

"Hey! No need to be nervous!" I chuckle. I'm trying to act cool towards all of this. Right now, all I want to do is chop off there balls and beat them up till they die, because really? Who leaves there two best friends in a time of need. They're selfish brats and don't care about anyone else but them. They found a chance to escape and leave this fucked up 'business' and they took it. Not caring that they left there best friends to clean up the mess they made by leaving. It was the worst time of my life and it was because of them. Me and Calum had to suffer because of there selfishness. I still have the scare to prove it.

Shawn sighs. "Why are we here Shor─Ross?" Shor? Seriously? That's what they used to call me when we were 'friends'. Now he expects to just call me it again? Even if he did try to cover it up by saying Ross. Ugh, I'm so fucking close to freaking out right now.

"Shor?" I chuckle under my breath so they can't hear it. "And I told you. I brought ye here to talk. So how've you been?" I ask them, as Calum gets back into the car. They look at each other and back to me.

"I guess we're doing good what about you?" Cameron answers for both of them.

"You guess?" I ask. They nod there head yes. "And I'm doing terrible thanks for asking. You know, trying to go to school to get educated but then you have to keep it a secret because if Klaus found out he would kill you. Then there's the fact that I met this girl at school that I instantly fell in love with, but I can't be with her because of this stupid job so we had to move to a different state so she wouldn't find out about me and the fact that she's been trying to get on to me because she's worried, is killing me and then she also text me not too long ago asking who Klaus is so I'm guessing she went to my flat to see what happened to me and he was there so I'm going crazy how this stupid, fucking job that I got stuck with is ruining my life" I say in one breath and there staring at me with wide eyes. "But you wouldn't know how that feels, now would you?" I say sassily.

"We're um... I'm um... m'so─sorry to hear tha─" Shawn begins to say.

"We don't want your apology or pity. Okay? Just tell us why you left us. Left us to defend ourselves when we made a promise ─as best friends─ to never part and always stay by each others side" Calum states calmly. Shawn looks at us as if he's about to cry. I almost feel pity for them. Too bad I'm in a bad mood right now or else I would've just gave in and asked to be best friends again. Cameron clears his throat to speak.

"It was my fault!" Shawn chokes and we all look at him in shock. Including Cameron. No one would've thought Shawn would've been the one to betray us. I would've bet that it was Cameron and he dragged Shawn into this, but no.

"I asked Cameron to help me out of it" He sobs. Why the fuck is he crying? "I'm sorry".

Hehe why do you think Shawn wanted out? And what could be so bad that he had to betray his two best friends?