Chapter 4 - Car Ride

Published 12/03/16
___________________________

Laura's POV

Ross...

Ross...

Ross Lynch...

It has a ring to it, I like it. After he said his name he started up the car and started driving. I don't know much about him. I don't even know why I'm riding with him. This could be dangerous but I don't really care.

"Where to?" He asks and then I realise I still haven't told him my address, whoops.

"Uh just keep on going straight down this road and then turn left and it's on that street somewhere, I'll show you when we get closer".

He just nods and starts driving down that road. Should I start a conversation or should I just keep quiet? He might think I'm this weirdo girl that wants to know stuff about him cuz they think he's hot. Example: Carrie.

"So um, where's your friend? I haven't seen him all day. Actually I haven't seen you either till now?" I spoke up to break the awkward silence.

He just chuckled.

"Aren't you nosey" He said. He teased actually. Ugh.

"I guess I am nosey, now are you gonna tell me?" I said a bit frustrated. He's annoying me by being so secretive with his life.

"Why should I tell you?" He chuckled.

"Because I told you about Noah and stuff" I said.

"Haha I was only teasing, I will tell you" He said. Now that's what I want to hear.

"Calum and I just don't--"

"Calum?" I interrupted. Ah so Calum is his name, the red head... okay.

"Yeah my friend, the red head" I nodded. "Calum got stuck in... um, work and I literally just got out so I was going to go to school". He said. Work? What work? Why did he hesitate? Will I ask? I actually better not.

"How come we never see ye during free time or at lunch, we only see you at class?" I asked.

"I guess that was just always us" He's lying. I know he's lying. "This left?" He asked as he slowed down the car and pointed to the left he was supposed to take.

"Uh yeah, yeah that left" I was hesitant. I know I was, because this means I'm almost home. I don't want to leave him yet.

The rest of the ride to my house I was checking him out, he knows it too cuz he's smirking. He didn't say anything though. Good.

I kept on staring at him. How his t-shirt fitted his body perfectly and how his blond hair was all messy yet it was just right for him. His skin was a bit tanned yet looked so soft. Wait what! Why am I thinking this?

"My house is just this one on the right" I said as I pointed to my house.

He nodded and pulled over. We both got out of the car and went up to my door which had a note on it. I didn't need to read it to know what it was but I still did.

Hi honey, your dad and I sadly have another business trip but we'll be back in about two weeks time. Maybe earlier, their is money in the draw for you and the fridge is full. We'll miss you loads honey, see you soon,

Mom and Dad.

"Your Mom and Dad go on business trips?" He said. I just realised I've been reading that note out loud.

"Uh yeah" I said as I went to find the spare keys under the flower pot since I left my ones at school.

"So you're gonna be home alone for two weeks?" He said.

I nodded.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" He asked. He's actually really sweet. I never thought he would be sweet. I thought he'd be an ass.

"Yeah they normally have to go it's no big deal" I said.

He nodded and just looked like he was lost in thought. I didn't think before I said the next thing.

"Do you wanna come in?" Damn it!

"Um if I came in what would we do?" He said. That was true but I kept on fighting for him to come in and I don't even know why. I'm being stupid.

"We could get to know each other" I said.

"I can't tell people about me, I really have to trust them to tell them and I've never told anyone but Calum" He said. Okay. So he's killing me right now...

"Maybe I could earn your trust?" I said with a small smile as I unlocked the door to my house. I stepped inside and held the door open.

"You coming?" I asked.

He just chuckled and walked in.

"Do you want a drink? Like a soda or something?" I asked as we walked into the living room.

"Soda please"

I nodded and went to the kitchen to get two sodas. When I came out he was looking at pictures on the mantle piece probably to pass the time. When he saw me he smiled and I handed him the soda. He thanked me and I motioned to come sit on the sofa. He then sat on my sofa as I did and we fell silent for a while before he spoke up.

"Do you play?" He said, looking at the keyboard sat in the corner.

"Yeah I started playing a few years ago" I said.

He was smiling as he walked towards it and sat down on the stool in front of it. He started playing a tune which was so catchy. He then started singing. Wow his voice!

"I'll pick you up at 8 and we can drive around,
take you to the beach and we can head down town,
while you hold my handddd,
we'll park it lay down on the hood of my car,
listen to the airplanes as we count the starts,
tonight I'll be your mannn,
and tomorrow we can do it again"

He finished and got up and walked back to me. I was speechless, he was so good!

"Your turn" He said smirking.