Hold Me In Your Arms

Lance growled yet again, dropping his bayard with a clang. "Take the goddamn lions, just don't touch my partner like that." He grit his teeth to punctuate his sentence, and looked down at the ground. He couldn't believe that he was actually surrendering to one of the most powerful empires in the galaxy, all because he loved Keith. He sighed and took a deep breath. "Do whatever you want with me, just don't hurt Keith."

"Great." Zarkon pushed Keith off to the side, kicking Lance in the stomach with a sickening crunch as he walked past him. "Bring in the lions and take the prisoners to the cellar. Make sure they're in separate cells. This way we can contact the other members of team Voltron and they'll walk right into our trap." Keith furrowed his eyebrows and jumped back up, the guard having to hold him down. "'Don't you dare fucking touch them!" Right now, he just wanted to go on a rampage. He wasn't good at controlling his temper during battle as well.

Lance winced and groaned in pain, falling to hiagain.es. He clutched his stomach, looking up at Keith through clouded teary eyes. He wanted to do something, like get up and attack one of them, but he already surrendered. He would definitely die if he did.

Keith grit his teeth, kicking the guard that was holding him in the groin and running over to Lance. He hugged Lance tightly, not letting go. Guards tried to pull him off but he just hit them with his bayard. "GET OFF OF ME, DON'T TOUCH HIM!" They started to separate them, pulling them off of each other. Zarkon bent down and grabbed Keith by the jaw, getting a good look at him. "Well don't you have your father's eyes." He commented, before Keith spat in his face. "And the ignorance of your mother!" Zarkon added.

Lance watched as he coughed up little spurts of blood, still holding his stomach. His other arm was around Keith when he was there, but as soon as he was pulled away he looked at the ground and whimpered. "Keith, don't waste your time on me. It was my decision to surrender, so don't get yourself hurt because of me. I don't wanna see that..."

Keith grit his teeth and squeezed his eyes shut, jerking his head away from Zarkon. He started crying. Zarkon pushed Keith onto the ship, then the guards grabbed Lance, putting his arms behind his back painfully. The other guards brought their lions into the ship.

Lance grunted in pain, wincing afterwards. He kept his eyes on either Keith or the Galra soldiers, thinking about what he was currently doing. He was being sent into a Galra ship by Zarkon himself, and he had surrendered himself, his boyfriend, AND their lions. 'I am so fucked..." The team would kill him for this for sure. So he kept his eyes locked with Keith to help comfort him a bit, tears starting to form in them.

Tears streamed down Keith's face from anger. Whenever he got too frustrated and didn't know what to do, he'd start crying. He didn't make eye contact with Lance, he couldn't let his boyfriend see him so broken down like this; never.

Sooner or later, the boys were thrown into separate cells, yet the cells were next to each other with bars in the center to keep them away from one another. They could see each other at least. Lance slumped over in a corner, his head pressed against the bars in defeat. He was still crying silently to himself.

Keith was kicking and punching at the walls, even trying to kick the steel bars. The Galra soldiers took their bayards, along with their suits, but didn't take Keith's utility belt. How incompetent could they be? While the soldiers weren't looking, he pulled out his pocket knife, flipping it open and scuttling over to the bars to sit down in front of them. He then proceeded to run the blade of the knife across it in quick flicks of his wrist, hoping to cut through them. All the while, the paladin kept sniffling and letting out faint crying noises.

"Keith...Just stop trying..." Lance stood up and stumbled over to where Keith was sitting and sat himself down near him. He looped his arm through the bars in hopes that Keith would take his hand and stop his foolishness. He just needed to feel its warmth again.

Keith glanced down at Lance's hand, hesitating before holding it gently. "W-we're gonna get out of here...I promised y-you'd have a great time on earth without any distractions..." Keith's lip started to quiver, his hand shaking slightly and gripping Lance's tighter. He covered his mouth with his other hand, the knife falling to the ground as he sobbed quietly. They had gone to earth for one reason; so that Keith could meet Lance's moms and Lance could stop feeling homesick.

This caused Lance to begin sobbing, clenching Keith's hand for dear life. "K-Keith, baby, this isn't your fault...You never could have predicted this happening, and neither could I..." He didn't know where he was going with that, but he broke into sobs by that point, wishing he could hold Keith in his arms.

Keith looked up at Lance, his hands starting to tremble. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..." The smaller male leaned up against the bars, wishing he could be next to Lance without them. "We're supposed to be the defenders of the universe...now because of this bullshit the entire galaxy is done for!"

Lance gripped Keith's hand even harder, sniffling. "Keith! It's not your fucking fault, so stop apologising! It's not anyone's fault..." He trailed off, pressing against the bars to try and wrap his arms around Keith, which was almost working. He could get his arms about halfway around Keith.

"I shouldn't make promises that I can't keep..." Keith Picked up his knife again, attempting to saw the bars off with it. "I'll get us out of here, I swear..." Keith was still silently crying, and he pressed his forehead against the bars as he sawed the blade back and forth.

"Keith, face it. A knife can't cut through iron bars..." Lance sighed, giving up slightly. What was the point of trying if they were going to just get shot on sight if they escaped anyway? "Just, why don't we calm down, and take a few minutes to process what's going on and then look for a way out, alright?" He leaned his face against the bars, hoping he would be able to kiss Keith through the gaps, waiting for the other male to close he space between them if he chose to.

Keith glanced up at Lance, sniffling before connecting their lips. A few guards came up to his cell, opening the door. Keith shuffled away from Lance on his knees and glared up at them. "Lord Zarkon would like to speak with you." Keith let go of Lance's hand and stood up, giving his boyfriend a look of hope. Maybe Lance could come up with a plan while he was gone. The guards shoved him to Zarkon's throne in the middle of the room.