"I wanted to go with Tara," Glenn mumbled.

"Oh, would'ya look at that? Everyone loves me," Tara grinned.

"Fine, you can have her," Glenn have in.

"Let's go, Jase," he gestured him to follow.

The next half hour was a complete waste of time as the only thing anybody found was some old clothes and a new license plate for Aaron.

"I don't think he has Hawaii yet," Tara said as they all loaded back up into the car.

"Can I get shotgun this time?" Rosita asked her.

"Fine, but only because I'm trying to be fair."

The ride back was more silent.
Glenn's eyes fell onto a sign beside the road.
'Buckle Up, It's the Law"
He noticed he wasn't wearing his seatbelt.
It's the apocalypse, you don't need seatbelts anymore, he thought to himself.
Then all of a sudden he heard the sound of a voice in his ear warning him about a black van approaching them, and then he stepped on the gas but it was too late.
It rammed into the back end of the car and they swerved off or the road, the front end hitting a tree before sliding down the hill into a nearby stream.

There was silence at first. He could hear a ringing noise. And then there was black and nothing but black and loud and pain.

"G-Glenn?" Tara shook him slightly, "Rosita?"

"I'm gonna go get help," Jason said, prying the door open.

"Wait, those people could still be out there,"

"I know," and with that he ran off towards the community, leaving Tara with her two unconscious friends.

She pulled Glenn out carefully, setting him up against a tree. His head was gushing blood, his face covered with scratches and bruises already, and she even had to take a shard of glass out from the back of his hairline.
Before she could pull Rosita out, she opened her eyes gasping and coughing.

"Hey, hey," Tara comforted her.

"W-where's everyone else?" she asked, shaking and rubbing her head.

"Glenn's over there and Jason went for help, they should be here soon, we're not that far away from Alexandria,"

"Good," she sighed, slowly pulling herself out from the passenger seat.

They kneeled over by Glenn, as Tara poured some water down his face. She removed his jacket and unbuttoned his shirt, looking at his torso.
Rosita smirked at her.

"Dude, I'm a lesbian," Tara threw her hands up.

"I know people that've turned bi," Rosita said.

She rolled her eyes and peered at the huge blue mark on the side of his stomach.

"This is bad," Rosita frowned.

"Glenn," Tara sighed, scolding him in her mind, "Maggie's gonna freak,"

She laid his jacket on top of his lap, as she sat on one side of him and Rosita took the other.
They both took turns guarding him and killing walkers until they could hear the sound of crickets chirping and the air turned crisp as night arrived.

And Tara was right, Maggie did freak.

"RICK!" Jason ran up to the gates, stabbing nearby walkers.

"Let him in, now!" Rick said as he stumbled through the gate, "What happened?"

"Some asshole ran us off the road-- probably The Saviors -- and... Rosita and Glenn... passed out, I came here as soon as we stopped falling. The van went down the side of a ridge," he panted.

Maggie saw the commotion and ran outside to investigate when she heard his name.

"Glenn?" she ran up to Rick.

"There's been a car crash and he's hurt, we need to move now!"
Her heart dropped.

He promised.

A group of Aaron, Rick, Michonne, Sasha, Abraham and Maggie left right away. The whole time Maggie was regretting ever letting him go. Like it was her fault. Like she was to blame.

Back at the wreck, Glenn's skin was getting cold and the girls were getting scared.

"Glenn," Tara nudged him again.
Nothing.

Just then a pair of headlights could be seen on the road above them through the trees.

"Thank fuck," Rosita swore.

Abraham, Aaron, Michonne and Rick trudged down the steep, woodsy hill, running down to grab Glenn. Abraham was able to scoop him up ever so softly, he was that light (and Abraham was that strong).
Once they were safely back in the van they sped off towards the hilltop.

"And then we crashed and that's basically it," Rosita explained to Rick.

Tara was shaking at the sight of Glenn's lifeless body, and felt terrible for Maggie.

"Hey, how you holdin' up?" she asked the southern girl.

"H-he... Promised to n-not get... G-get hurt," Maggie quietly sobbed.

"Sometimes you don't mean to break promises, it just sorta happens," she said softly, putting a hand on his.

"He's a really good person, you know that?"

"I knew that since the moment I laid eyes on him," she smiled.

From then on, the whole time they drove to The Hilltop was Maggie talking about Glenn and their time together. Tara enjoyed every single minute of it.

"Glenn," Maggie whispered desperately.
They were alone now, as he lay lifelessly on the cot in the tent. They treated his wounds and gave him antibiotics and medicine and all she wanted to do was hear that angelic voice of his.

"You promised me. You said you wouldn't forget about our promise... You said..." Maggie cried into her hands as she prayed for his eyes to open.

"Hi," that familiar voice suddenly said. She lifted her head up and breathed a sigh of relief.
Glenn was staring at her funny, though.

"Glenn!" Maggie rushed over to him, kissing him softly.

"Woah... What was t-that?"

"I kissed you? Glenn, oh my god, are you alright? I just..."

He squinted, "Glenn?"

Maggie cocked her head to the side.
"What's wrong?"

He looked around, a puzzled expression on his face.

"Wait, who the hell are you?"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi guys, I've been working on my other two stories and will have new updates coming soon but for now I wanted to start something kind of simple and it's just an idea I've had in my mind for a while. It's gonna be a little mini story maybe like Struggle, and I think it's gonna get somewhere. I just like the idea of Glenn forgetting who he is, it's adorable, it's like someone hit a restart button to right before the apocalypse hit.