Chapter 4

Ambers pov;

I wake up with a massive head ache. My temples were pounding. I groan and rub my head opening the night stand drawer next to me and grabbing a bottle of Asprin. I stretch a little and get up. Walking into the bathroom and chugging down a glass of water with the pill.

I strip out of my cloths and take a shower. Once I get out I wrap a white towel around my body and walk into the closet. I pick out a baggy white tee shirt and black skinny jeans with black Sandals. I smile in my reflection in the mirror. Then it hits me.. Oh yeah.. My mate doesn't love me. He hates me. He likes guys..

Sex change?

'No! Mate loves us for us. He doesn't want us to change!'

'Then explain why he likes guys. The fates wouldn't of put me in the situation if they didn't wanna see me in pain.. Feeling the rejection of my mat-' 'you talk to much.'

I groan. 'Only because you don't understand me.'

She growls and quiets down.

I search for my iPhone. It was charging on my night stand. Wow. How did I not notice? Unplugging it I do my password lock and read through my texts. 6 from grace, (human friend) 2 from George (my brother in law in Texas) and 1 from an unknown number. I click on it and read through the message.

You'll die in seven days.

I roll my eyes. Stupid spammers.

I open my door and walk into the kitchen. Sitting down was my mom with my mate. My heart started pounding as my hands sweated. My wolf was shouting mate and wagging her tail. She was excited just at the sight of him.

"Good morning sweetie. Want something to eat?" My mom asks. I shake my head. "No. My wolf has been bugging me to go for a run. So.. I'll just skip breakfast and maybe have brunch." She takes a bite of her sausage and nods. Her mouth too full to speak. Once she swallows she opens her mouth. "You should take jake.. You know, have some quality time."

My heart pounds as our eyes lock.

Jakes pov;

I could hear my mates mother talking, but I didn't care. Slowly her voice shrunk away. The whole kitchen was gone.. Everything. All that as there was Amber and I.

"Hello??" I heard someone shout, bringing me back to reality. I clear my throat. "Uh.. Yeah? Yeah.."

Her mom was standing in front of me with concern written all over her face. "Are you okay?" I nod. "Yes.."

She nods. "Well, would you like to go running with my daught- well, your mate?"

I stare up at my mate and nod. "Yes."

We walk together outside. My wolf being in captivity is really bothering him. He wants out right away.

We walk together in silence. I really hope this isn't how the run will be. We both hide behind some trees and strip down. Tying our cloths around our ankles. We both shift and meet each other in some bushes. I give her a slight nod to say I'm ready. She replies the same.

We start running around the woods.

Brian's pov;

Amburs' been acting weird.. When I knocked on her door last night she didn't let me in. Maybe she was asleep? I know she's not my mate. And she knows I'm not hers.. But I've grown fond of her. Her beauty. But, I can't stay holding onto just one girl.

"Mmmm baby that was good.." Brittany moaned next to me. I smile and nod. Crossing my arms behind my head. "You weren't that good.. I was the best." She rolls her eyes.

Brittany's the pack slut. Always trying to get into the guys pants. But it doesn't really matter if I fuck her. No one would speak a word to Amber. I'd kill them, and they know that.

"Brian?" I hear a voice bring me out of my thoughts. "What?"

Brittany sighs and moves her blond hair on her shoulder. "I missed my period." My eyes shoot open as I jump off the bed. "Wh-what? It-it ain't mine!" I shout. Panicking filling me.

"What are you talking about?? I haven't had sex with anyone besides you!"

"Maybe not in the last hour!"

Her eye brows scrunch together. "It's yours. I know it is." "No! No, no, no, no!"

I reject any chance of that thing being mine. I would never have a baby with her! She isn't wife material. More the chick you'd find on the corner.

Oh god.. What If it is mine?? Please fates.. Don't let it be!