6. Once Upon A Time

Start from the beginning

"Hi." Sharna said hugging her tightly as soon as she was within reach.

"I love you, so much. Thank you." Peta said as she held her best friend.

"I love you too babe. So you figured it out?"

"The cars were kind of a dead giveaway." Peta said letting go and leaning back into Maks.

"Well we figured we didn't want to shock you too bad so we went with the option of just surprising you with everything else. Come with me, Rumer & Jenna are in the kitchen." All three of them headed to the kitchen where they met the other girls. More hugs and thank yous and I love yous were passed around.

"So we know you had a wedding shower/birthday/baby shower when your mom's came around your birthday P, but we wanted to give you a special actual baby shower." Rumer explained.

"And then everything happened with your blood pressure and it just made us want to do it more. We wanted you to have some fun and to know just how much love these two little ones are going to have in their lives." Jenna added.

"We had planned to do something anyway but we ended up deciding to kick it up a notch some and make it extra special which you'll see once we go outside. Which is what I meant by surprising you with everything else. Maks helped us sneak into and transform your backyard into our shower for you."

"See, you did have a hand in it somehow." Peta said smirking at her husband.

"Once again, I love you." He said leaning down to press a kiss to her check before he got ready to leave. He was going to leave the girl's to it.

"Wait, you're leaving?" Peta said suddenly looking sad.

"I was going to let you have girl time and let them celebrate you. And these ladies set up a golf date with the boys." Maks said as he slipped his fingers into hers and squeezed.

"Well but.......they are your babies too." She said softly as she faced him.

"Babe, I know they are. I just wanted you to have some time with the girls and enjoy this. I'll be back." He said gently. He didn't want her upset but he wanted her to enjoy this.

"Fine." She said but he could tell she wasn't pleased with this. He looked at Sharna who shrugged slightly and mouthed stay to him.

"Come here." He said leading her away from the group for a minute. He'd stay if that's absolutely what she wanted but he just wanted to make sure as well.

"I'm fine." She said again after he got them to the living room making her sit on the couch.

"You're not. Tell me what's wrong babe." He said sitting next to her and pulling her into him. He pressed a kiss to her head.

"I don't want you to leave." She murmured into his as her hand grasped his elbow, the fabric of his shirt sleeve brushing her fingers.

"Because you want me to be here or because you're scared?" He asked gently holding just a little tighter.

"Both." She admitted.

"Babe."

"It's okay, I'll be fine. You go." She said as she went to pull away from him however he didn't let her."

"That's not it pretty girl. I'll stay, that's not the problem. I just want to know what's going on in that head of yours."

"I don't know Maks. I really don't. I just don't want to be away from you. I feel safer when you're here and right now I need that, I want that. Because as relieved as I am that today's appointment went good and nothing has gotten worse, I'm still terrified that the other shoe is going to drop and something is going to happen, to them or me or even you. And just, just you being near settles a tiny bit of that. We can't fix it and we can't take it away but just having you here helps okay?" She said as she eventually leaned back to look at him.