6. Once Upon A Time

Pregnancy - Week 34

"So that went well again." Maks said as he helped Peta into the car after their latest doctor's appointment.

"Thankfully. I mean the week to week not knowing stresses me out but every week that we come and we're closer to the safe zone, I feel more and more relieved." Peta said referring to what they had started calling the safe zone which was Week 35 of the pregnancy where the twins would be the safest if they needed to come early. Obviously anything extra would be amazing but Dr. Salts also said she wouldn't push the bar either so it was most likely that they weren't holding out until her original due date.

"I agree pretty girl. One more week and we're in that zone."

"This is going to be the longest 7 days ever." Peta said laughing slightly.

"Well, how would you feel about a little surprise?" Maks asked trying to gage whether he should keep what was going on at their house a complete surprise or if he should let her on as to not work up his wife when she was supposed to be staying calm.

"Maksim....." Peta said giving him a look.

"It's not really my surprise." He said shrugging trying to get himself off the hook. She had never been one for big surprises or grand gestures but they still happened from time to time.  

"You still condoned it if you know what's happening and I don't."

"I love you?" He said slightly as a question which made her laugh.

"Does it have to do with the babies?" She said starting to try to figure out what it was in her head.

"It does."

"Did you get something?"

"Nope, not my surprise remember?"

"Right...hmm. Is there someone there?"

"You could say that."

"Just one someone or more than one someone?"

"Babe, you're going to make me give it away." Maks whined as he took their exit off the interstate.

"But...fine....you do know you're not supposed to work me up." She said with a mischievous look on her face.

"Peta Janeeeeee." He whined again.

"I'm teasing, I'm teasing. I know there's a surprise now so it'll be okay." She said reaching for his hand and giving it a squeeze. Maks texted someone as they pulled onto their street. Peta at that point could see all three of her best friends' cars along the street and had a good idea of what was going on. Maks seen it click out of the corner of his eye.

"Please act surprised." He said as he pulled into their driveway.

"I will, I promise. Everyone's cars are parked on our street though handsome." Peta said giggling.

"Touché pretty girl. I do think we all were worried about surprising you so much that it upset you like at the wedding." Maks said biting his lip as he looked over at her. He still felt super guilty about what had gone done as far as the surprise with Barry showing up at the rehearsal.

"Maks, I told you, that was the best moment ever. I wouldn't trade that or your thoughtfulness for anything. And we're good. I was just shocked that's all. Nothing a little quiet time couldn't fix. Now Sharna?" Peta asked excitedly.

"And Rumer and Jenna."

"I love them."

"Me too babe, me too." He said as he got out of his side and came to meet her. He helped her out and then led her to the door where Sharna was standing.