Chapter 10

Written by Kelly (PandasAreEvil456)

Percy Jackson

"So." Harry cleared his throat awkwardly. "America, huh?"

Percy nodded. "Yep, America."

"How are we going to get there?" Harry asked, saying the word we with a tiny bit of distastefulness. "Plane?"

"No," Percy said, a little too quickly. He shoved a branch out of his way as they trudged through the forest.

"Uh, okay." Harry frowned.

"I have a better way, believe me," Percy said, though he had a feeling Harry wouldn't be believing him.

"And we have to do this in the middle of the forest when it's almost dark?" Harry asked.

"Yes," Percy answered automatically. He finally stopped in his tracks, causing Harry to go to a halt as well. They were standing at the edge of an empty and flat part of the forest, completely unlike the rest. "She should be meeting us here...," Percy muttered, mostly to himself.

Harry's frown deepened. "Who?"

When Percy didn't answer, Harry got even more demanding. "Who are you anyway? You're not a wizard, but you're certainly not a-"

Just as he said that, Mrs. O'Leary, his pet Hellhound, burst through the trees, crushing half the forest as she did so. Her large brown and bushy body almost crushed Percy and Harry and her drool creating a huge puddle in front of them, but Percy was very grateful to see her.

Harry looked like his eyes were going to pop out of their sockets. "-Muggle."

"Hey girl!" Percy scratched the back of her ear. "Could you shadow travel us to Michigan?”

Harry made a disgruntled noise behind him, but other than that remained silent. Percy swung himself onto Mrs. O’Leary, giving Harry a pointed look. The boy made a face but again didn’t ask questions as he followed Percy’s lead.

“What kind of name is Mrs. O’Leary, anyway?” Harry muttered before Percy’s Hellhound leaped into the shadows.

“So, Michigan. How’d you know? You’ve been here before?” Harry asked as they walked the streets. He was still attempting to pop his ears from the shadow travel which Percy had gotten the vibe he hadn’t enjoyed.

Percy shook his head. Truthfully, when he was looking for colleges with Annabeth, they had looked for one in Michigan and Percy saw some photos of the state. The cliff in his dream was the exact same as the one in the photos. “I’ve seen pictures,” he replied simply.

There was another silence as a car almost splashed water with them when it hit a puddle. Harry looked uncomfortable; being in a different country couldn’t exactly be too comforting. Especially when you’re not with a friend in the same position.

“Did you know Simon and Ajax? McGonagall said they used to go to Hogwarts,” Percy said, kicking a rock.

Harry frowned, deep in thought. “I don’t think so. Even if I did, I never talked to them, I don’t think so. Besides they’re much older than me so it’s not much of a surprise.” Percy nodded in understanding as Harry continued with, “How about you? Have you ever heard of them?”

“Never. But I’m almost sure they’re demigods.”

Harry’s frown deepened. “Demigod. McGonagall said that word too.”

“Yeah,” Percy agreed. “Half human, half god.”

“Half… Oh. Are you a…?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh.”

Percy sighed, deciding to get the explaining over with. “My dad’s Poseidon; the Greek god of the sea. I go to a camp like you go to Hogwarts every summer for people like me.”

“People like you? How many are there?”

“About as many people as you have in Hogwarts; a lot. Gods are busy.”

Harry snorted slightly. “And you have swords?”

Percy nodded, his hand reaching for his pen in his pocket. They turned a corner. “We have weapons and powers, yeah.”

“Powers? Like magic?” Harry asked, cocking his head slightly.

Percy thought about it. “No, not exactly. Not in most cases, at least. It’s more like I can control water because I’m the son of Poseidon. My friend can control storms because he’s the son of Jupiter, Zeus, whatever; the sky god. I wouldn’t call it magic. Don’t you need a wand for that?”

Harry opened his mouth to say something, but they reached their destination. Percy pulled the door open and slid in; flinching at the amounts of perfectly white smiles he got from workers the minute he entered.

“Welcome!” A girl walked over, talking in a honey like voice. Harry also wrinkled his nose beside him. Maybe they didn’t have overly preppy travel agencies back in Scotland. “How can I help you today?”

“Hi,” Percy said, letting the women lead the two to the counter. “I’m just visiting Michigan for a week and I was wondering if there were any places I could visit? Maybe tourist attractions or landmarks?”

“Of course!” The women beamed. “Michigan is a wonderful place; you’ll love your stay. Where are you from?” She reached down to get a brochure.

“Manhattan,” Percy replied.

“Scotland,” Harry added.

“I recognize the accent.” The women winked. “My husbands Scottish.” Harry frowned unenthusiastically. “Anyway, I heard you mention landmarks? Mount Arvon is the highest natural point of Michigan.”

Percy and Harry exchanged a look.

“How high, exactly?” Harry asked.

“Close to 2000 feet,” she said proudly. Percy swallowed noisily.

“Great,” he said. “What other mountain ranges could we visit?”

The women shoved a brochure towards them. “There’s Mount Curwood is the second highest; only a foot lower than Mount Arvon! There’s also Black Mountain, which is more of a large hill.”

Percy took the brochure in his hand. “Great, we’ll be sure to go visit all of them. Thanks.”

After some friendly goodbyes, Percy and Harry exited the shop back onto the streets.

Harry cleared his throat slightly. “Where do we start?”

Percy stared down at the brochure, flipping it in his hand and contemplating the options. “How about Mount Arvon?”

Hey guys (: Sorry this took a while and it's so bad.

Before anyway asks questions about where my account went- I don't know. It got deleted, or maybe hacked, though that seems impossible with my Russia sized password. Either way, hopefully it'll be back up soon and it will be buissness as usual, because I've seriously missed everyone :(

Please comment and vote, it'll make my day since everything has been so hard this past day with my account getting deleted :(

Love you Chicas and Chicos <3

[UNEDITED]