Be Careful What You Wish For.

Grace's P.O.V.

A tinge of victory and proudness loomed over me as I was happy I got Mike out of that sticky situation, he seemed grateful too!

As we continued to walk, a huge, white marble fountain came into view, it was beautiful.

We walked right up to it, I watched the cascades of clear water be shot up into the air and fall back into the pool, my ears filled with the splashing as I watched air bubbles rise to the surface, something about the fluid movement of water had always fascinated me, I had often been called the Water Baby when I was younger.

"It isn't exactly a wishing well..." Mikey began to speak, interrupting my concentration on the inviting water, "...but I like to think it is..." he grinned as he watched the water with me.

He manoeuvred himself behind me, resting his chin on my shoulder, digging around his pocket, he brought out a shimmering, single coin.

"With every fountain I have ever come across, I always threw a coin into the water, closing my eyes and making a wish, that wish was to always find somebody to be with. Wishes do come true..." he whispered in my ear.

"Here, give me your hand." He hissed.

I obeyed, uncurling my fingers he made me grab the coin with two of them, whilst he held onto the other half of the coin with two of his fingers.

"Now...lets make a wish together huh?" I could hear the smile in his whisper.

I nodded silently, embracing the moment.

"Let's close our eyes, and when I count to three, we'll throw it in together okay?"

"Okay." I whispered as I closed my eyes.

"1...2...3..."

We threw the coin, letting it fly through the air as we both made our wish...
Finally, through the sound of the crashing water, we heard the coin plop into the water.

I grinned as we opened our eyes, I leaned back onto Michael's chest, I wasn't going to ask what his wish was...but I wished, that one day, maybe...just maybe, Michael might tell me he loves me.