Chapter Twenty Three | Deep x2

Start from the beginning

"Domani?" She called as she grabbed my face and kissed at my chin. I sighed and opened up my eyes to look at her and she gave me a weak smile before kissing my lips this time and wrapping her short arms around my neck, bringing me closer. "I love you," she whispered softly to me and I smiled and nodded as I did the same with my arms wrapped tight around her body.

"I love you too," I responded and she smiled before kissing my lips and getting up from my lap

"I love you too," I responded and she smiled before kissing my lips and getting up from my lap. I sighed and sat up, running a hand over my face. I watched Ashanti as she grabbed her purse and went into the bedroom, while I stayed in the den area. I sighed and grabbed for the stack of mail that I'd gotten. I flipped through each white envelope quickly until one stuck out and caught my eye. A full blown crease formed in my forehead as I looked at the letter in my hand that was addressed to me from a Jane Doe. The shit was stupid because the address and everything was still on it, like they didn't even need to hide who sent the shit. I sighed as ran a hand over my face. I made sure Ashanti was in the back before ripping the envelope open and my heart thumped.

Inside of the shit was pictures, multiple pictures that made my stomach turn and my heart ache. On these pictures, was Dolani as she was being beaten until she bled and as she cried for help. I flipped through every single picture with a clenched fist until I'd went through them all. I hadn't even realized the tears coming from my eyes as anger radiated off of my body onto the outside. I was pissed, but honestly I was disappointed in myself for not being there and able to help or do shit about all of this. When I tell you a nigga been going through it, I been living hell.

"Fuck!" I yelled out in anger as I kick the glass table that sat in front of me, causing the glass to shatter into pieces all over the floor and it made a lot of noise too. I couldn't really even give a fuck about it at this point in my life, I was tired and in way too much anger to even give a fuck about anything quite frank.

"Domani, what the hell is going on in here?" Ashanti yelled as she came out of the back and into the front room. She looked down at the glass all over the floor and then up at me before sighing. She didn't say shit and right now I didn't want her to say shit. I went over to the bar stools along the kitchen counter and laid my head down on the cold granite, the pictures still clutched tight in my hands. I was livid, so mad that all I could do was cry. I'd been crying too much these days, more than my damn momma. Some shit had to give on my end, for real man.

"Baby, calm down please." she said as she came over to where I sat. She pried the pictures out of my hand and I'm guessing she looked at them too before she sighed and wrapped her arms around me. My hands were shaky as I sat there, but I could care less right now, if it hadn't already been obvious and shit. She took my hands and turned me around to face her, grabbed my face, and then started to wipe my eyes.

"She is going to be okay Domani," she whispered as she held my chin in her grasp, but that only made me angrier as I pulled my face away and smacked my lips at her words. I was tired of hearing that shit.