And she was gone.

She could be dead now...the man-whatever the fuck his name was-could've raped her. Oh, I could only imagine the terrible things his psychotic mind could've came up with to harm her, and all these possibilities were running vividly through my mind.

"Fucking hell," I said, sinking down into the curb and sitting down, leaning my elbows on my knees and running my hands through my hair. I let the pistol remain limply in my lap; I didn't want to part with it.

How were we going to find her? It was like searching for a needle in a hay sack; we'd barely be able to find her here in Cheshire, but how the hell were we going to find her if he took them elsewhere?

The organization was searching for clues, too. They checked the house shortly after the men left, trying to gather any kind of evidence that could lead to something. But there was no striking evidence; it was like the men came and vanished-just like that.

Fucking bastards.

"Hey," Niall sat next to me, his hand on my shoulder, "we're going to find her, Harry."

How could he be so sure?

Louis strangely was silent, staring and facing me behind Liam. Normally he was the one to talk to me when I got like this, but I knew he lost Eleanor, too, so he was evidently in the same state I was in.

"We're going to find them," Liam corrected, glancing at Louis, whose face still didn't change. "But like we said, we need some rest. As soon as we wake up, we'll try to get information from our hostages, and we'll check to see if the organization came up with any leads. We need to think before we act."

I was tired, I knew. I could feel it in my bones.

But I couldn't just go home and fucking sleep while knowing Claire was out there-how would I be able to even do that? I wouldn't. So there would be no point in even going back.

I had to keep looking for her.

"Come on," I mumbled, "let's go across town, yeah? Maybe-"

"-Harry, no. We're going back." Liam stated firmly, crossing his arms over his chest. I came to a half in front of him, my eyes turning to meet his squarely.

"Did you just say no to me?" I asked quietly. "To your leader?"

"Yes, I did." Liam replied. "You're a mess, Harry. And Niall and I understand-you're worried sick, alright? But your brain physically needs rest, or you won't be able to even function for tomorrow. Claire needs you in your best shape to find her."

I was about to come up with a reply when Louis spoke up, "He's right, mate. Let's go home and get some rest." His blue eyes peered at me under the streetlight; I could see how tired he was, and that exhaustion was mixed with concern and panic. He knew exactly what I felt, yet he knew Liam was right. And I knew he was, too.

"Fine." I conceded finally, stuffing my hands in my pockets. "We'll go back. But I want to continue the search as soon as we wake up tomorrow." I let out a shaky breath as I reluctantly began making my way back to the car, and Louis and I were instantly peering out the windows as they started driving.

I was hoping to see her sitting on the curb; to see her auburn hair dimmed under the lighting of the street light-and as soon as she'd smile, she'd light up my entire world again, just like she had done before.

Because right now, with her gone, I was back to utter darkness.

Where are you?

~~~~

The door to the room opened, letting a small amount of light to peer in; I was lying in the bed, staring right up at the ceiling-my eyes were not closed, and I had no intention of closing them.