Chapter 5

Chapter Five

"Don't tell him anything about us," Harry whispered harshly to me, his hand gripping tightly onto my elbow. He forced me to look at him, and his face was deadly serious. "If you do..." He turned to nod towards Louis, who held up his silver pistol casually, twirling it with his fingers. Louis was staring at me with a completely solemn serious; this was not a joke. "That gun has a silencer. If we shoot it off, nobody will hear it. Do you understand?"

"What are you trying to say?" I asked quietly.

"We'll shoot that man," Harry said. "He'll be dead if you open your fucking mouth and say something stupid."

My face paled from the thought of Harry killing someone innocent. I looked at him in horror, wondering if he would really do it. But he would-I could see it in his eyes.

"Fine," I mumbled, breaking from his grasp and making my way towards the door. I heard everyone shuffle around, changing position. I opened the door slowly, seeing my landlord standing there with a dark blue robe; his hair was soaking wet from probably taking a shower, and his thick glasses glinted a little as he looked at me, pushing them further up his nose.

"Is everything okay in there?" He inquired. He always had a very nosy personality, and I always swore he had some kind of interest in Perrie. He was a middle-aged, single man with two cats as a family. But along with being a lonely man, he was also very, very stingy with money.

"Everything's fine." I told him, my voice deceiving, hiding my obvious fear. "We just have people over."

"People?" He moved a little to peer over my shoulder, but I blocked his view.

"Yeah, we're sorry about the disturbance."

"I got several calls from people complaining." He told me, raising an eyebrow. "Can I have a word with your guests?"

They're not my guests...

"It's really fine," I insisted, "they're just-"

He held up his hand and said, "I own this place, Claire. I think it would be your best interest if you let me take control of the people in my apartments." His eyes peered into mine, and I sighed before stepping aside.

"Fine." I opened the door wider for him, and he stepped past me. I could smell his heavy masculine shampoo, and he moved past me into my apartment. I kept the door open behind us as I moved in behind him, my eyes taking everyone in. Niall and Zayn were seated calmly on the couch; Harry had the TV remote, seated in the recliner, and Louis, Eleanor, Perrie, Fran, and Liam were sitting at the kitchen table.

"I'm Walter," My landlord told all of them, "I own these apartments. I've gotten people complaining about the noise level here, and I would really appreciate it if you all turned it down."

"Our apologies," Liam spoke up, actually sounding apologetic. "It won't happen again."

"It better not happen again." Walter told him. "If it does, you'll all have to leave. I don't put up with-"

"-we already told you it won't happen again." Harry cut him off a little sharply, his green eyes narrowed and glowering at Walter. I knew Harry did not like people telling him what to do, or threatening him for that matter.

Walter seemed a little taken aback by the tone of Harry's voice, and he took his glasses off a moment, his eyes squinting at Harry as if trying to figure out what he was. "Excuse me?"

"You don't have to repeat yourself to get a point across."

I decided to quickly step in, "Uh, Harry is having a major...toothache. So he's a bit grumpy." I felt Harry's eyes on me, but I grabbed Walter's shoulder and started leading him to the door. "We really are sorry about disturbing people. It won't happen again."