Chapter 5

A/N: - VIOLENCE AND A LOT OF ACTION IN THIS CHAPTER... and BTW this chapter is going to be very long.  

Teresa

Teresa's heart was beating out of her chest. Screaming is an option that could lead to certain death or a severe amount of pain and to be rescued. Screaming was a hard decision because Thomas could be right outside the door or at the other side of the building which is probably huge. Janson just looked into her eyes and placed his index finger on his tightly pursed lips indicating her to be very quite. Planning to grab the knife she motioned her arm upwards but her limb didn't budge, next she tried wiggling her toes to see if her spine had been affected, her toes wouldn't budge. She was paralysed from the neck downwards.

Thomas

Thomas stopped in his tracks. They were all tightly gathered in the narrow hallway waiting for enough proof to think of a plan in under 3 seconds. Thomas wasn't ready to run in yet. If she wasn't in there, him and the others were bound to get shot. He controlled his breathing to make it as silent as possible and Newt and Minho did the same. Thomas had to physically mount himself to the ground to stop himself from throwing Aris and Frypan down the corridor but that would make more noise than their hyperventilating elephant breaths. If she was in there Thomas had to perform some sort of signal so that she would know he was here. Whatever shut her up before is stopping her from screaming again. Thomas knew for sure that if Teresa knew he was outside waiting for her. She'd scream without hesitation and Thomas would run in without hesitation and take on whatever came at him. He tried to rack his brain for anything that is distinctly 'him' that she would recognise. He came up with nothing other than his telepathic connection which didn't seem to be working. He could sense the guns waiting at the door frame. He could hear their footsteps as they steadied themselves. Footsteps! He had an idea. Nothing was more distinctive than Newt's limp. Now it was just getting the idea across to Newt without making a single noise. Turning around to face Newt he pointed directly at him and motioned to him to walk towards him and silently lifted one foot and pushed it down hard towards the ground stopping inches off the ground to give him the impression of moving in loud thumps. A confused look spreads across his face but he followed Thomas' instructions and walked forward...

Teresa 

That was all she needed, nobody seemed fazed by the footsteps but she knew they belonged to Newt. Janson looked slightly confused at the sudden movement outside the door. She didn't wait another second...

"Thomas!" She yelled. She wasn't even finished calling his name when he came bursting through the door along with Newt and Minho. Janson spun round and pointed the knife at Thomas.

Thomas

Thomas grabbed the mans fists and raised the weapon up over the mans head. Thomas brought his knee up and made contact with Janson's groin making him curve his stomach forward. Janson bit Thomas in the arm that was holding the knife up making Thomas jerk his arm free. He could hear gun shots and the sounds of loose electricity. Thomas hoped none of them got stunned. He needed all the help he could get. 

Minho ran to stand next to Thomas and lifted his leg up and kicked the knife out of Janson's hand. It spun across the room landing at a window leading into more corridors. 'This place is like the maze all over again' Thomas thought. Thomas hit a spark in his mind on why the knife was there in the first place. 'If he touched her with that knife or touched her in general.' Thomas started thinking. Anger suddenly infused through him like a liquid being poured over his head encasing him in rage. Janson was going in for the punch but Thomas' arm clutched his lower arm and started digging his nails in. Janson' other arm swung round and hit Thomas square in the jaw. A burst of pain shot through him so like he did in the maze he pretended he couldn't feel anything and grabbed the mans other arm. Looking him square in the eyes he spoke with power, anger and mockery. 

"Hurt me, i'll let karma deal with that, hurt her or any of my friends. I become karma." 

Thomas' head flew forward at an incredible speed making him a bit dizzy and his head hit Janson's face like a ton of bricks. 

Janson started falling to the floor, Thomas had knocked him out cold with the amount of pressure he put into the hit. Turning around. Minho was taking out one last guard only needing to punch the man in the nose and a kick in the stomach and he was down. Thomas turned his attention to Teresa, she was awake watching as her pupils followed every move. She was in the same position that she was in when Thomas first came into the room which was strange. Teresa was always eager to join in with fights. 

"Teresa!" Thomas gasped rushing over and kneeling down next to her. "Teresa  we need to go!" he added but she didn't budge. 

"Tom, I've tried but I can't move. I think Janson paralysed me when he injected me to sleep." she moaned. It was obvious she was in agony all over her body. Thomas noticed a relatively deep cut on the upper bridge of her nose. Not much bigger than a pin point. He gently reached out and touched it examining the metallic liquid smothered on his index finger. He gently pushed some of her hair behind her ear.

"What do you mean you can't move you just do this!" Minho mocked acting like a puppet on strings lifting his arms up followed by the apposing leg. 

Thomas ignored the joke and picked up the still girl in his arms. "I'm glad you're OK" Thomas sighed in delight. 

Newt peeked out the door and swore under his breath. "This reunion is pulling on my heart strings but a swarm of guards are heading this way!" He shouted.

The room turned flashing red as an alarm started blaring.