Rubix

Johnny is what you would call a nerd or geek. He spends most of his time playing video games online against other fellow nerds. When he’s not playing video games he’s playing board games or brain challenge games. Being very intelligent is one thing but since he devotes all his time in playing games Johnny has become very good at them. He beats games because the concept of them comes natural to him. Whatever the game is Johnny will find a way to beat it. One of the most common brain games Johnny enjoys playing he has also conquered and mastered many upon many times and that is the Rubix Cube. Johnny was first introduced to the challenging eighties cube as a young boy at the age of eight. From when he first got it and put together two sides in less than 5 minutes Johnny knew he would have no problem. Within a week Johnny had mastered the Rubix Cube. He could assemble one in around ten minutes.

As Johnny got older his intelligence only grew and his knack for solving and beating games became even greater. One thing he also became better at was assembling a Rubix Cube in under ten minutes. Though it proved to be a challenge he mastered it in no time. Now at only the age of twenty Johnny could make a Rubix Cube in just under seven minutes, quite an impressive feat. Johnny however knowing a video game and board games would always have the next best thing wanted more of a challenge with the cube. He felt time was petty and since he now could do it with his eyes closed and at will that the Rubix Cube just wasn’t fun anymore. One day Johnny decided to go into a local game store and upon looking at the shelves came across a new version of the Rubix Cube. One that guaranteed on the package “Not even scientists could figure out!”. Johnny became intrigued and thought this was indeed a challenge. He wondered though how it could guarantee that no scientist could even figure it out after all it looked like an ordinary cube.

Upon reading how it works on the back Johnny decided to buy it. He took it up to the desk and made his purchase. The clerk told him good luck and that no one is reported to have ever solved the New Rubix Cube. When Johnny got home he sat down and again read over the back to see why this thing was so different from the original cube even though it looked just like them. It was explained that when you believe that you’ve mastered a side the colors change sort of like the color changing in the game Simon where you have to make a pattern as the colors change. Also it’s believed that it stimulates the mind to a point far above comprehension to where a brain that normally is able to solve puzzles and challenges is now average and the cube’s mechanism is far beyond any capable way for anyone to think to solve. Not even the man who created it was able to solve it. He mysteriously vanished one night upon the completion of it. Some say he was involved in Russian experiments and they disposed of him.

Johnny saw this as just the challenge he was looking for. He not only could do something he felt would keep him busy but if he beat it, would become the first to ever do so. So he opened it up and began trying to figure it out. Unlike when he mastered two sides of the original Rubix Cube when he was younger Johnny was uneventful in figuring out two sides right away. So he would spend an hour or so over the next several days trying to figure it out but again nothing. He checked online to get tips and even checked out a website where everyone reported how they had done and it would be reported if anyone won which of course no one had. Only two people were successful in getting a side done even posting their feat on Youtube as proof. Johnny was now more determined than ever to figure this challenge out. Finally two weeks into his attempts Johnny was finally able to master a side. It took quite a lot of will power and strategizing but he figured it out. Johnny posted his results online and it was then that he came across a challenge event. The event open to anyone who could solve the New Rubix Cube. It also stated that the winner would receive a Grand prize that would be revealed after it was confirmed they had won. Johnny felt eager and immediately entered his name into the challenge.

Weeks went by without a winner. Johnny was probably working as hard as anyone if not more to try and solve the great new challenge before him and win the mysterious prize. Johnny thought the prize would be for the winner to create their own new game. He jumped and smiled wide at the thought. Two months into having the cube Johnny made serious progress. He became the first person to master three sides. Knowing he was half way done to completing the supposable unbeatable feat Johnny took pride in his posting online of his progress. Not only was he the only person to take out three sides but their were only five other people in the world to take out two. As another week passed Johnny was able to master another side but this time he kept his progress from others. He took a little break and after a couple more days he was back at it. Johnny would then master the fourth and fifth side of the cube and as he did heard a faint sound coming from it as if to alert him of his progress.