4'BASTARD

4' BASTARD

Ace didn't went out from his room and didn't also went to school the next morning so I hitched a ride to dad. I walked inside my first subject and sat on my sit when Cara, the girl in front of me, leaned back and faced me.

"Ace's not with you?" She asked and I frowned at her.

"I'm sorry to say, but no. He's not with me." I shook my head.

"Why?" She made a sad face.

"I don't know." I shrugged and I could see few of the girls were looking and listening at me. "Don't ask me because we're not that close, 'kay?" I said looking to my classmates and they turned their heads back to the front before I rolled my eyes.

Why are they so worried?

On the third subject, I was surprised when I saw Ace on his seat with his earphones plugged in his ears and he never entertained questions from whoever approached and asked him.

I kept on glancing at him during discussions. There was something bothering me and there was this questions in my mind that I really wanted to ask him and I was thinking of ways to approach him maybe during lunch or vacant hours.

I didn't listen at the lesson and I was only doodling on my notes. I draw an angry stickman raising his arm with a bottle in his hands. A drunk angry stickman, guess who? I chuckled silently and involuntarily glanced at Ace when I caught him also glancing at me. I looked away immediately then tear the page I was doodling and crumpled it. I could feel my heart racing as if someone caught me doing something wrong. What the fuck was that!?

I wasn't able to talk to him by lunch. His table was a surrounded with girls even though he kept on snubbing them but he let them share a seat with him. Jake elbowed my arm making me turned my head to him.

"Why do you keep on looking at that table?" He thrusted his lips to Ace's table.

"I'm not." I said and continued eating my lunch.

He nudged closer making our shoulders bump. "You like someone there, right?" He whispered and I suddenly choked on my own saliva. Jake laughed while I was coughing as I grabbed my water and drank it in one gulp.

"No way!" I glared at Jake. I don't like him! That's so gay! I just wanted to talk to him!

"Relax! You're so obvious and I kept on seeing you glancing during class." Jake wiggled his eyebrows and I felt my face heated up.

"I don't remember glancing during class!" I insisted.

"Okay! But you can't deny that you like Kate." He said while grinning at me and I was having this quizzical look. Huh? Kate?

"I like who?" I frowned.

"Kate!" He said and a crumb flew out from his mouth.

I forced a laugh while nodding slowly. I thought he meant Ace. I glanced at Ace's table and Kate was indeed there and come to think of it. Kate's seat was beside Ace's seat during class. I laughed at Jake.

"Look, don't tell anyone." I said even though I didn't like her. Kate's pretty but not my type.

Jake pointed me with a food on his fingers. "If it's me, you're secret's safe."

"Yeah?" I said raising a brow.

"Yeah!"

When we both went inside the classroom for the first subject in the afternoon after going in the rest room, all our classmates glanced at us—at me specifically, even when I sat down on my seat making me wondered why.