Chapter 14

Had such a good weekend in Belgium for my school battlefields trip we got loads of chocolate and I got to lay a wreath during the last post ceremony in Ypres. Also just got back from camping in Devon, got badly sunburnt on the beach and went to see ice age 5 which is truly dreadful. I'm going to France on Saturday for a 2 week holiday so probably won't be able to upload.

10 months later

Owens PoV

Saracens have had an amazing season and we have the chance to become back to back European cup winners. We're were up against racing 92 again but this time at millennium stadium. I was nervous but I knew we could do it.

We ran out on to the pitch and straightaway I saw Emily with Grace and Emilia with Gabriella. I was kicking off, I knew I had to be careful though coming up against all blacks legend Dan Carter is a challenge any time let alone in a final.  The whistle went and the game began, we were attacking most of the time, we had most position. Just before half time the first points were on the score board when we were given a penalty it was hard kick but I knew it was worth a try. I got them, the whistle went and the score at half time was 3-0 to us. Just has I was walking over to the exit the pitch I heard Emily well her saying to grace looks theirs daddy and then I heard grace say daddy I couldn't believe what I'd heard I was in tears.

Second half was better and we finished the game 9-0 we had back to back European champions and my child had said her first word. As soon as I could I ran over to where Emily was and Grace said daddy. Emily said she had been saying it all match. Gabriella was clearing trying to say it but couldn't quite get there I was so happy.

After the match we went back to the changing rooms and then we were finally able to go back to the hotel and I could properly spend some time with my family. It was an incredible night, just before I went to my room I spent some time with my mum, dad, sisters and brother.  Who were all very proud, Gabe has grown up so fast, he was almost 8, people grow up so quickly grace and Gabriella are almost 1 I couldn't believe it. When I eventually got back to my room the girls were asleep I quietly got ready for bed and got into bed beside Emily trying not to disturb her or the girls.

1 Month Later

Emily's PoV

I couldn't believe it today was the girl's birthdays they were going to be 1 this year had gone so quickly. We were having all our friends and family over. Emilia, Rhys, George, Jess and many of Owen's other friends/ team mates and their girlfriends were coming over. I was so happy though it was perfect weather and we were going to have a barbeque. Owen set up the barbeque while I got the girls ready, everything was set up and people started arriving. We had a Disney themed party the girls were dressed as Elsa and Anna, they loved watching frozen. There present was a trip to Disney world. Which we had to plan in-between Owens training and matches, so wasn't going to be for a while.

From Owens family they got a Disney princess tent along with many Disney princess dolls. They were so happy. Crawling around on the grass, well when they weren't walking around with some help from someone. Just before food me and Emilia were sat on the floor with Gabriella and we were trying to get her to walk on her own we'd tried a few times trying to get her to walk from one of us to the other. She took one step on her own then fell over I was so proud. I couldn't believe it until we tried again and she managed to do two but no more than that without falling over. This had been such a good day.