Her uncle had been such a great support that it made her sad knowing that he would be going back to New York in a few days. She wanted him to stay and she knew if she asked he would, but she didn't want to be selfish.

At the moment He uncle and Musa came in, each carrying a box. Musa dropped it near the door and walked back into his room. Her uncle sighed placing his box on top of the one on the floor to lean against.

"Abti, why don't you take a break and eat. Do you want turkey or tuna?" she asked deciding not to comment on Musa's behavior. He had been more than upset when she told him that they would be moving. She couldn't blame him, yet a part of her was very glad they moved out. The house had started to become unbearable to her... almost suffocating.

"Can I get one of each?" he asked opening the fridge and bringing out the iced tea Aisha had made a few hours ago.

"Ya, grab the fruit salad, I want Aunty to have some," she said making the sandwiches.

Her uncle grunted but did as she asked.

"That woman is vicious," he grumbled placing everything on the counter and going to the boxes to try and find some cups and bowls.

Aisha chuckled.

"Don't let her hear you," she warned.

"I'm actually second guessing myself... I shouldn't leave you guys in her care," he grumbled moving to rinse everything.

Aisha didn't give a reply to that. She and her uncle both knew that her great aunt was sharp and hurtful, but she was gentle soul. She had lost her husband quite early and in her old age, it seemed like the kids she raised had forgotten her. Her uncle suggested her knowing how broken their aunt was and how broken they were as well. 

Aisha was grateful for the "adult" that would be in her life, she didn't know how long she could keep up the pretense that she had it all under control. Her inability to get past the walls Musa had built was a clear indication of her weakness. 

She had never really been all that close to her little brother. Hamza had always been the shadow under which Musa traveled. He had always followed after him hanging on to every word Hamza uttered. He had been a bridge that connected Aisha and Musa, without him she really didn't know how to approach Musa.

"Where is the food?" growled her aunt coming into the living room.

"It's here," said Aisha placing all the sandwiches on a plate. She walked into the living room placing the plate on the small coffee table. Her hands gently brushed the names of her parents that were engraved on top of it. Her uncle was close on her heels bringing a tray of cups, the iced tea and the fruit bowl.

"What are these sandwiches...I need a real meal, like a spicy chicken leg and mashed potatoes," she huffed as she grabbed a sandwich. Aisha smiled as she heard her uncle grumbling under his breath. Musa quietly walked in followed by Misky, Aisha guessed she had called him. Aisha shrugged off her sweat shirt and took a seat brushing her short hair back.

"I'll set up the TV and fix the windows before I go back to New York," said her uncle before he took a bite.

"Thank you Abti, that would be great," Aisha replied gratefully

He nodded.

"Did you get any calls back about the jobs?" he asked.

"Ya, I have an interview tomorrow in sha Allah" she replied through a mouth full.

"That's good. I hope this job works out, what is it?" he asked

"Nothing big, just a customer service position," she shrugged.