Chapter 1

All was quiet on this particular night. It was the end of the biggest League match the summoner and champions had ever participated in. Thus, everyone was tired. The summoners returned to their realms and along with that, most of the champions were already coped up in their dorms, sleeping off the numbness they had felt during the match.

Like noted in the previous sentence however--MOST of the champions were in their dorms. Meaning there were a few exceptions. Tonight one of those exceptions happened to be none other than the cardmaster; Twisted Fate himself. The mysterious male sat at a nearby bench, staring ahead at the lonely and quiet park in front of him. Despite the odd feeling of being alone, Fate didn't mind. In fact he almost welcomed the peacefulness he was in.

With a sigh, the male tilted his head upward as he gazed into the sky filled with shining stars. He couldn't help but smirk at the view. "Heh...lady luck sure is smiling upon me tonight" he said in his usual cocky tone.

"Not lucky enough I'd say"

The voice was sudden and unexpected enough that Twisted Fate turned his head to glance over at whom had spoken to him. He was even more surprised when he saw that the voice belonged to the sheriff of Piltover--Caitlyn.

"Ah sheriff. What brings you here? Shouldn't you be at Piltover right around now? The Rift matches are over after all" Fate replied as he tipped his hat for her in a respectful manner. The female merely shrugged her shoulders as she tugged on her strap that held her rifle up behind her shoulder. "I just decided to stay behind a while longer. Besides I come here often actually. This park is almost always empty and I enjoy the peace and quiet."

"That makes two of us" the cardmaster spoke with a nod as he scooted over in the bench he sat in, offering Caitlyn some room.

Taking him up on the offer, the sheriff sat down and crossed her legs, leaning back in her seat and sighing. "That was some match tonight wasn't it, Cardmaster?"

Twisted Fate nodded as he folded his arms and chuckled. "Sure was. Definitely gonna be talked about for some time. But that aside, feel free to call me Fate. Cardmaster is a title that I generally don't feel too attached to."

"I see. Very well then...so tell me Fate, what exactly brings you out here tonight? I've never seen you out here before" the female asks as she tilts her head curiously. To this the cardmaster sighs and pushes his hat over his eyes. "Well...long story short my roommate is always damn noisy around this hour and I can't stand to be there when that happens. I'm hoping by the time I come back it'll be nice and quiet."

"Roommate you say? So you live in the dorms provided by the League?" Caitlyn asked, her attention entirely on Fate. "That's right. I'm sure there were other options like Bilgewater but I thought this would be the easiest and most straight forward" the male replied as he shrugged, telling her it was something he didn't particularly think of much.

Standing up, the female sheriff stretches and gives a tiring yawn. "Anyways...I think I'm gonna call it a night and head back to Piltover. Been a long day as you're well aware" Caitlyn told the male as she smirked lightly and turned on her heels, walking off. "See ya around sheriff" Fate replied as he tipped his hat at her and smiled, leaning forward in his seat to watch her leave until he was once again alone.

The male remained by himself enjoying the silence for another few minutes before deciding to head back to the dorms. With a yawn, he approached the front door to his particular dorm and turned the knob, peeking inside. "Ya still awake?"

When he recieved no reply he simply rolled his eyes and shut the door behind him to answer his own question. "I'll take that as a no then."

Immediately after the door shut however, two arms flung around the cardmaster's neck, knocking him back against the door with a loud grunt. The force of the sudden assault had been enough to knock off his hat as it trailed off to the ground revealing his long straightened hair.