“Jenni, they need you in room 347,” she said as the crept into my room. Just exactly how big was this hospital?

“Oh okay!” Jenni said as she looked at the older nurse. “We will talk later then,” Jenni said as she quickly left my room. I’m  alone now. I sighed as I take in everything that has happened today. How am I going to pay this treatment? I have no medical insurance! Do you think Wal-mart and Target give us medical insurance? Hell no! Just then I heard a knock that interrupted all of my thoughts.

“Come in?” I said. I don’t know why it sounded like a question. The door flung in and out came the gorgeous man I saw earlier today! His blue eyes were still worried and his hair was a bit messier, but heedless here he was. I hadn’t notice the attire that he was wearing but seeing him up close he had a blue button down shirt with simple blue jeans that complemented his too perfect eyes already. He was just perfect. And here I was looking more like Cripple pants. Aren’t first impressions great?

“How are you looking?” he asked, his smooth voice making me melt inside. I could feel my cheeks getting red… not good!

“I’m fine. Why are you here?” I didn’t mean to make it seem rude or anything. I was thoroughly curious why this god was following me around. I’m more flattered than anything right now. He walked over to my pale bed and sat down, next to me. My heart monitor was going through the roof. Oh shit. He ignored my too loud heart. That was good.

“I saw you when you fell! It was my responsibility to make sure you were okay. You seemed a little out of it when you fell and I saw blood; your hair was getting soaked in blood, so I called 911 and they told me what to do. I’m glad that you're finally okay though,” he added with a small smile. I think I might die.

“This is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me!” was all that I could muster. We laughed at my attempt to add some humor to the situation.

“I’m glad that you're okay though,” he said again earnestly. His eyes pretty much glazed through me and I’ve never seen a guy stare at me like he has. Guys never pay attention to me, they just mostly ogle at Kat, and I’m always in the corner. I’ve grown used to always being the last choice with guys. This gorgeous guy is for girls like Kat. I need to remind myself this. He is probably like an underwear model or something. I wouldn’t be surprise to see him in an Abercrombie & Fitch campaign. He stood up.

“Let me properly introduce myself,” he said with a small smile. “I’m Jacob Nordstrom.” He took my numb hand giving it a shake.

“I’m Juliet Jens.” I smiled as we shook hands. Just then the door burst out open and out came Jenni again. Oh crap. She’s going to ask about my parents!

“Hey Juliet! How are you feeling, dear?” She got her clipboard, probably waiting to see who is going to pay for my medical bill. Now that I was a bit more awake I could see the way she stared at Jacob.

“Hey, I’m glad that you’re here!” She smiled flirtatiously at Jacob. Jacob returned her smile.

“I’m glad that Juliet is feeling better don’t you think?” Jacob replied. I smiled. I could feel Jenni’s burn. Just then the door opened and out came my low class parents.

“Juliet!” My mother cried going to my side, still wearing her Target uniform. Crap. My mom is going to kill me now.

“How did you get here?!” I was supremely shocked.

“Your friend Jacob called us from your cell-phone,” my mom stated. She quickly kissed me in the forehead and started asking me how I felt. She couldn’t stop talking. My eyes were glued to Jacob.

“You took my cell-phone?!” He invaded my property!

“Sorry Juliet, I had to,” he said more stern. Just how old was he? My mom turned to Jacob.

“Thank you so much in paying for all the medical expenses and taking my daughter to the best hospital in Virginia.” He what? He PAID my medical expenses? What the hell? So he feels BAD for me? I’m NOT going to be Jacob’s charity work! I’m capable of working my bill off!

“Your welcome Hanna,” Jacob said smugly. So he’s in first name basis with my mother?! Okay, not cool at all!

“Would you like to come over for dinner next Friday?” my mother asked.

“Mom! We are not inviting a stranger to dine with us!” This was not happening.

“I would love to go.” Jacob said smiling. It’s like he enjoyed torturing me. My personal angel and devil all wrapped into one gorgeous man. 

what do you think? and also special thanks to Nettle for being my editor! yay! I finally have someone to view my work! PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS CHAPTER! THANK YOU!