Chapter 10: A New Life

Thanos' point of view

I was jostling Chantel around as Thor galloped towards me. And of course when he got to me, he offered anything in return for his helpless Chantel's safety. Love makes you weak.

I took control of Asgard easily as well as all of the Asgardians. They seemed too scared to defy me or my frost giant army however, so I let the citizens go about their daily lives, in a way. I knew we would still need the food and supplies they created, however they would lose some freedom to show I am in control. Of course there were Frost Giants stationed all around the city, with a force field encompassing it all.

But the royal family, would not get such a nice treatment. I took the liberty of making them my servants. Thor and Loki would be room servants, tidying my room, making my bed, laying out my clothes, all the necessities. Odin and Frigga would be chefs and the clean-up crew, dealing with masses of dirty dishes and my very picky food requests; and dealing with the gross chores like mopping the floors and cleaning the castle when guests come. Which according to my schedule is about everyday. Only the best work for them, I chuckled. Now Chantel would be my personal assistant, bringing my food, cleaning my table, fulfilling my everyday needs. She was beautiful, but had to be reminded that she would get no special treatment.

Humiliating the royal family almost felt better than taking over Asgard. Watching them be humbled to the work they never had to do once in their life, until now.

~~~~~~~~~

Thor's point of view

Oh I know that we are now enslaved, but I just could not let Chantel die, not after we had come so far together. From ignorance, to loathing, to faking non-existence, to toleration, to love, and promises, I wouldn't give up one memory of it. Our family was still together, we could try to find a sort of happiness in this. Loki would roll his eyes but he needs hope too. Sure I'm fluffing pillows and straightening bed sheets instead of creating battle plans, but it could be worse. I could be cleaning dirt from the floor like Odin, so that's good.

I just worry for our kingdom. Thanos seems to be taking care of us for now, but what if he has a different plan for us or decides that we are of no use to him anymore? We have nothing to bargain since he has lowered us into nothing. But we must not despair, as I am learning from Frigga, we must find the little things bringing us joy in the day, to keep us going.

~~~~~~~~~

Chantel's point of view

Every time I walk past the gardens I can still see the bloodshed and aftermath of the battle for our kingdom. Thanos will not let us bury the dead, forcing us to look at our defeat. Reminding me how close, yet how far we had been to victory that on fateful day.

Serving Thanos' every need was very tiring. Even though it wasn't as laborious as what Odin and Frigga were doing, he had me running back and forth all day, knowing I could do nothing about it. Fetching him a drink, letting him taste every food in the entire existence of past present and future, telling him where different rooms were, I even had to sit at his feet when he was on the throne. People would come to bring him things or discuss something, and would just look at me with pity and shake their heads.

Everywhere Thanos went, I was forced to follow, like a lost puppy on a leash. He thought of me as his pet, no more. Thanos very much enjoyed watching our once dignified royal family slaving away under his command. Loki had taken a little more time than us to adjust, still barely able to control his tongue, it gets him in trouble all the time. Frigga and Thor were quiet, but loathed every minute of work. Although, Frigga had taken to giving Thor and herself daily relaxing times at the end of the night to soothe them. Frigga had invited Loki at the beginning, but he didn't have the attention span I'm sure. And Odin, he was a tough one. Every time Thanos, or anyone for that matter would walk by, he would have his head held high as if he was still the king and the center of attention. Thanos didn't mind, he would just give Odin another chore such as toilet cleaning or mopping up mud trails left on the floor, to show Odin he was no longer powerful.

Each night we would all huddle on our small cots, asking the gods what we did wrong, or what to do, if we had any hope left. No one had blamed Thor for his choice, we all would give the world for each other. And our kingdom wasn't doing so bad. Thanos new how to properly run the place, our citizens still had most of their normal lives. It was only us who really suffered, but since we were still all together, we would be okay. No more royalty, but a new life to live.

[A/N: YOOOOOO its been a while. Bittersweet days are a coming. This chapter was a bit boring, but more kind of for setting this new place up. Thoughts? Questions? I'm here to answer them. So glad you all are still enjoying this and I am excited to keep this story going! Have a swell day!]