Feeling extremely baffled and worried, she turned her attention away from the door to the lab that extended in front of her. She had only ever been in here once after having meet her Sans' previous requirements. Not much had really been learned except that he had a time machine in his lab, some blueprints, and an old photo of some previous scientist colleagues. Crossing to the other side, she stopped at the cabinet drawers out of curiosity. What would be different this time? Pulling the first drawn open, she rummaged inside but all she found was some blank papers, a few writing utensils and a clipboard. Opening the second drawn, she withdrew the same photo she had seen before of the unknown colleagues. She gasped in surprise at what she found. The image looked aged, the people in the photo were frowning and in the background was a strangely dressed man wearing a cloak make of shadows. He was holding his hands up making some kind of sign. Something about this photo sent shivers down her spine. Quickly dropping it back into the drawer, she slammed it shut and knelt down onto the ground. Her hands held the counter above for support and she rested her forehead against the drawers, taking deep breaths. Why this had unsettled her so much, she had no idea, but something about that man in the photo seemed... familiar, like she had seen him before. Shaking off the chills, she stood back up and proceeded to check the third drawer, but it was empty. Trying the last drawer, she slid it open. Inside was just more random papers, writing utensils, a few sticky notes and another photo? Pulling it out, she squinted down at it, it was hard to make out. Like the previous photo, it was aged and fading, but with a gasp, she realized, it was a photo of her family standing outside their house... the very same house they had been taken from... if Sans had this, then why had he...? Folding up the image, Frisk pocketed it. Just as she was closing the last drawer, something caught her eye that she hadn't seen before. Picking up one of the papers, she flipped it over to find very small print with the words, 'reset, reset, reset, reset, reset...' repeated over and over but the last few lines appeared to have been written shakily and at the very end of the page, she could barely make out, 'why bother caring.' With extra care, Frisk slid the page back into where she had found it, face down and closed the drawer. Stepping away, she slumped up against the back wall, away from the cabinets and curled into a ball. She didn't like this place, she wanted out, she wanted to go home, she wanted... breaking out into sobs, Frisk closed her eyes and wished she would just wake up to all of this being a nightmare. After seconds, minutes, hours of crying, exhaustion sunk in and Frisk drifted off to sleep.

....
Coming to, she found a furry jacket placed over her shoulders and a very worried Flowey at her side.

"Frisk? Are you okay?" Lifting her head, she looked around confused before remembering where she was.

"Oh yea I'm fine." Her voice croaked out. Her throat felt sore and her eyes stung.

"You look aweful... are you sure you're okay?" Reaching out, Frisk gently stroked Flowey's head and nodded. "When I saw Sans throw you in here, I panicked but then I realized why he had locked you in here. It appears Undyne had paid them a visit and was looking for Papyrus."

"Undyne was here?"

"Yea and we're lucky she didn't spot you. She kills humans on the spot without remorse."

"How long have I been in here?" Standing on cramped legs, Frisk stretched each one.

"A couple hours. Sans returned a while ago but found you asleep so he promptly left after covering you with his jacket. It appears he is a lot softer under the surface..."

Sans was always gentle. Even in this timeline it seemed, although... Gripping her stomach, she shuddered at the memory. Flowey watched her with worried eyes.

"Alright, I'm ready to get out of here." Opening the door to the outside, she jolted backwards to find Papyrus standing on the other side. Confused, he stared back intently at her, he observed her attire, the jacket she was holding and the flower peeking out from behind her. It took him a second to click what he was seeing before a rough hand grabbed Frisk's shirt and yanked her out.