Part 4

"So... uh... human..."

"Hehe, you can call me brat... I think the names grown on me." Sans glanced up at Frisk to see her smiling and quickly looked away.

"Che-brat... explain to me how you plan on setting things back to how they are supposed to be."

"Don't got a plan yet." Clasping her hands together behind her head, Frisk strolled forward, kicking the snow as she went.

"You're sure carefree..."

'Because I've got you with me." If a skeleton could blush, he would surely be bright red. Instead, the only indication of embarrassment was his red aura started wavering and he was avoiding making eye contact. "You are my big brother after all." Returning the gesture from before, she patted Sans head. Growling, he knocked her hand away and glared at the snow.

"Brother..." He whispered out almost inaudibly. With a small chuckle, his eyes softened but when he noticed Frisk was watching, he hardened his expression. "So you thought you could just stroll in here and things would eventually work out, did you? Are you a bonehead?"

"Not as much as you."

"Are you just trying to piss me off..."

"Lighten up Mr. Grumpy Face."

"Fuck off..."

"Nu-uh!"

Coming up to Snowdin's borders, Sans slowed to a stop.

"Alright Brat, we're here. You won't be able to just stroll in leisurely, so what's your plan genius."

"You said you would protect me, so you figure it out." Ignoring her, he carried on his way. Racing past him, Frisk entered into what appeared to be Snowdin... her excitement died down immediately when she took in the full view. The streets were deserted, the buildings were dreary looking, there were no decorations set up and all that could be heard was the wind rattling against the windows. Even the sign was different. Instead of saying, Welcome to Snowdin, it just read. Snowend.

"Wait damnit! You stupid brat, don't just run in!"

"Where is everyone?"

"Don't know, don't care."

"Is it always like this?" Her memories of Snowdin and the appearance of this town were almost like two completely different places. Peering into the window leading to the shop, she looked around curiously. The place was just as empty as the outside was, but in the far back room she could barely make out the back of the shopkeeper's head. Her ears were pierced, drooped over and she was lounging backwards in her chair. Before she could see much more, she found herself being dragged away by Sans power again.

"Do you want to die!?" Dropping her a few feet away, he growled out a jumbled sentence. The only words she caught on to were, "stupid lil'.... Fuckin'.... Babysit..."

"Do you always talk to yourself?"

"Do you always have to add a snotty remark." Sticking her tongue out, Frisk crossed her arms and marched on quietly. As they neared Sans house, she took off at a sprint again. Just before she reached the front doorknob, a strong grip on her shoulder pulled her backwards. Glancing over her shoulder, she found Sans standing directly behind her. She expected him to be glaring at her furiously like he had been doing all afternoon but she noticed he wasn't looking at her, but rather he was staring very intently at the house.

"Ahhh shit!" Pulling her shoulders roughly, he dragged her to the backside of his house, opened the door to his lab before swiftly shoving her inside. "Stay put and don't come out no matter what until I come back." The door closed with a slam and then it was silent. She didn't even hear Sans footprints leave the door.