SWEETS AND BOXES

After ringing up her last customer for the day, Miss Vicky was called to help the store owner to help close up. Mr. James was working on stocking the shelves as he handed a stack of empty boxes for her to take out. He began piling them up for her so high that she was unable to see what was in front of her. Luckily, she learned her way around the store that she managed to find her way.

Trying to keep the boxes steady, Miss Vicky slowly made her way the back door. Let out sigh of relief as she made it outside. Suddenly, her foot slipped, losing her balance as the boxes all came crashing down.

"Oh... fiddlesticks..." She muttered, picking up one to toss into a bin. She was never one to gracefully handle physical labor. She let out a heavy sigh as she bent over to pick up another and tossing it. Before reaching for another box, she saw someone had already picked it up for her.

"Thank you..." She took the box and glanced up to see Willy Wonka staring right back at her. She froze, staring at him for a moment before rolling her eyes and taking the box to toss it. She went back to tossing more without acknowledging or saying a word to him.

Mr. Wonka took a big gulp and made sure to keep his distance in case she slapped him again. However, she did not as she tossed another box into the bin and continued her task.

He sighed and watched her for a few moments until he finally spoke. "Vicky... it's good to see you again."

"You have quite a bit of nerve showing up." She picked up another box and glanced at him. "Charlie told you I was here, didn't he?"

He nodded. "We were looking everywhere for you... I was looking everywhere for you."

"Well, here I am..." She went in to retrieve more boxes to dispose.

"Vicky..." He held her arm gently and frowned. "Can we talk, please?"

She jerked her arm back before narrowing her eyes at him. "What's there to talk about?"

Willy Wonka had so much to say but he was certain she would not believe him. Not after what he did. However, he had to pluck up the courage and face her.

He begged. "Please, Vicky? I know you hate my guts but I missed you so much and I still feel terrible about everything. I want to make it up to you..."

"That will no longer be necessary, Mr. Wonka. The damage has been done. I need to get back to work." She glared at him as she picked up another box to toss.

Suddenly, she saw Willy Wonka toss his cane and hat aside and then taking off his coat before grabbing a box to toss himself. He would not let her touch a single one.

Miss Vicky let out a heavy sigh in exasperation. He was doing the work for her. "Willy, please, you don't need to do this..."

"Yah, I do!" He insisted as he began working vigorously. "I'm gonna start working here and doing your job until you forgive me."

"You're not going to work here, Willy." She crossed her arms, narrowing her eyes at him. "You have your own factory to run. I have nothing."

Willy Wonka was not listening as he continued to work. Vicky noticed sweat was forming on his forehead as she never remembered the last time she saw him do so much activity. Before taking another box, he glanced at her with a sly grin. "I bet I can toss more boxes than you can."

"I'd love to see your try..." She rolled her eyes storming back inside to retrieve more empty boxes and tossed them all as fast as she could.

Mr. Wonka took more tossing them as well as it turned into yet another competition. He giggled as he tried to race her to the bins but slipped on another box and fell to the ground. Miss Vicky was much too fast but he could tell she was having fun with the race as well. She chuckled seeing him fall to the floor and once the last box was tossed, she dusted her hands with a familiar proud grin. It has been a while since she wore that expression.