VALENTINE CRAVINGS

The holiday of love arrived as everyone flocked to buy more of Wonka's and Miss Vicky's Valentine's Day collection. On his way home from school, Charlie Bucket could not help but notice every couple on every corner had Wonka's and Miss Vicky's treats and were kissing and embracing after every bite. Something about their creations led the town into an affectionate frenzy. Perhaps the candy-makers' mood when developing the treats became quite the special ingredient.

Arriving at his cottage, he saw his mother was humming to herself as she placed a dozen red roses from his father into a vase. The grandparents were sat in the living room watching an old romantic film on the television set. Walking quietly over to the kitchen and hoping no one would not notice, Charlie placed his book bag upright on the table. However, to his horror, it fell over and about a dozen pink and red cards came spilling out. Before his mother and grandparents could see, he quickly shoved them all back in but it was too late.

"Awww, Charlie! You got Valentines!" Mrs. Bucket cooed. "Everyone, look!"

"Mum! Stop it!" He turned scarlet and huffed in disgust. "It's these girls from my class. They give them out every year." Everyone in the room were laughing and teasing little Charlie. He pouted, quickly shoving all the cards back in his bag.

"I'm sorry, my darling." Mrs. Bucket smiled, kissing his cheek. "Alright, Mr. Wonka told me he wanted to see you as soon as you got home. We are going to set up the most romantic dinner for him and Vicky so hurry back!"

Finally, it something Charlie was looking forward to that day as he sprinted out the door, heading toward Mr. Wonka's tower. When he got to his room, he saw that the great chocolatier was almost ready, looking quite sharp with his black slacks and a dark burgundy dress shirt. However, he began to laugh at his mentor when he found he had a black tie wrapped around his forehead.

"Mr. Wonka! That's not where that thing goes! Here." He pulled up a chair to stand on it so he can reach to fix the tie.

The sharp dressing chocolatier pouted. "I can't believe my father gave me a tie when he never taught me how to wear it. I could never figure it out."

"There." Charlie grinned as he finished, stepping down from the chair. He took the jacket hanging from the wardrobe and handed it to him.

"I feel ridiculous..." Mr. Wonka looked at himself in the mirror as he put it on. The suit was made of the highest quality cashmere his father could find. It was a very sharp ensemble indeed. However, Mr. Wonka felt quite bare not wearing his gloves and hat. He began fussing with the lapel, feeling the silky texture of the fabric.

Charlie rolled his eyes. "Leave it alone, Mr. Wonka. You'll wrinkle it."

Mr. Wonka turned to the side to find anything out of place. However, the more he looked at himself, he had to admit he did not look bad at all. He smirked, nodding at his reflection. He definitely did not look bad at all.

"You look great." Charlie grinned. "And don't forget..." He began to make more kissing noises in mockery.

Mr. Wonka glared at the boy as he shoved him out the door. "Alright, Charlie! Out!"

Moments later, all dressed up and ready for the evening, Mr. Wonka went over to Miss Vicky's door, knocking on it. He took a deep breath as he had never felt so nervous in his life. While he searched for any signs of lint on his suit, the door opened.

"Good evening, Willy. Happy Valentine's Day!" Miss Vicky greeted. He finally looked up and gaped at who stood before him. She was quite a sight, wearing an elegant and tempting maroon cocktail dress.

"Vicky... You look, great!" Mr. Wonka gulped hard and was absolutely speechless, staring at her with a huge grin.

"So do you!" She smiled back at him and could not help but stare as well. She bit her lip, looking him over. Oh, how handsome and rather even more tasty he looked wearing a suit.