Chapter 16: Restoring And Making Friendship's.

Start from the beginning

Is she flirting with me? Better not be. I have only got eye's for the bookworm.

"What do you mean?" I ask staring straight ahead.

"Rumor has it you're looking to settle down - get married." she say's looking at me but I stare straight ahead.

"Damn it." 

"Let me guess. Not your idea?" Lydia giggle's slightly.

"Not even close." A scowl forming on my feature's.

"My parents tried to set me up, too. Made my own path. I married the love of my life John Monteverde. Together we were going to run the Lisbon Institute. And then John was killed. Everything was ripped away. My love, my dream job Piece of advice. In this line of work, the only thing worth falling in love with is the work itself." She sigh's looking down. I feel sympathy for this woman even though she has gotten on my nerve's many time's since her arrival.

"Lydia, I am sorry." 

"Don't pity me." she snap's.

"I am not pitying you." I snap back.

"We need to stop wasting time and get to Lucian." Her scowl deepening as her wall's build them-selves back up, brick by brick.

Lydia walk's further in front while I briskly walk not too shortly behind.

Alex's POV

"Pumpkin?"

"Magpie." A smile quickly transforming into a wide grin form's on my face. All emotion's drown me all at once, causing a sob erupt from my chest.

Without any notice Magnus' arm's wrap around my shaking body, pulling me into his loft on to his sofa, allowing me to cry into his chest.

"I have missed you Magnus. So much." I say looking up into his glossy feline eye's.

"I have missed you also Alexandra." he kissed my forehead firmly.

Sitting up from our previous position , I cup Magnus' cheek wiping away a stray tear with the pad of my thumb. "I do not deserve you. You are the most honest, faithful and bravest person I know. And I love you." All the passion I could muster was put into those word's but I could see doubt or guilt in his eye's.

"I am not totally honest with you Pumpkin." His gaze lower's to his fiddling hand's.

"What do you mean?" Confusion etches on my feature's.

Magnus swiftly stand's up and walk's away from the couch mumbling profanities as he pace's the room.

"Magnus, tell me please." I plead feeling anxiety and my heart pounding out of my chest.

Determination in his eye's, Magnus take's my hand's in his, "Alexandra-" He take's a deep breath before continuing. "- You have a brother." he closes his eye's waiting for my reaction.

"I know. Simon." I say in a 'duh' tone. Rolling my eye's I slightly chuckle at his seriousness.

"No. You have a real brother." Magnus take's his hand's from mine and begin's to pace the room, muttering profanities under his breath.

What does he mean 'real brother'? Is this a prank or something? "What are you talking about Magnus?" I whisper, barely audible.

"You have a brother Alexandra! Flesh and blood, the whole package!" he yell's, making me flinch. "I am sorry for yelling, but you are so oblivious to everything Alex." His feature's show anger, yet his eye's show sadness.

"Where is he?" My voice crack's.

Magnus look's up from his pacing surprised that I spoke. "H-he is here. In New York." he speak's.