Chapter One: The Beginning.

Simon and I were waiting for Clary to come back from her interview. "I hope she gets it." Simon looked at Alex with hopeful eyes.

She looked up from her book and said, "What- oh yeah me too." She looked at Simon feeling sorry for him. He had been in love with Clary since pre-school. However, he knew he would love Alex first-the moment he laid his eyes on hers, he knew he felt something he hadn't felt before for someone, the need to protect someone - nevertheless, he only loved her as his little sister. Although he was 3 years old when they met, now 18, he still felt the need to protect her. Alex loved Simon with all of her heart ever since she met him.

"Why are you staring at me?" He said teasingly nudging her shoulder.

Shaking her head hoping to hide her face with her hair "Oh-uh-nothing." Feeling the heat creeping up her neck, She quickly looked down at the book she had been reading and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

Alexandra heard Simon start to get out of his chair so she looked up to see where he was going. She saw him walk over to Clary and hugged her. They walked side by side to the table Simon and Alex were sat at. Alex noticed something was off with the redhead, she looked upset but the upset that was obviously an act.  Alex knew from her observation of her face that the left side of her mouth was twitching up - She knew what was up. 

"You got in didn't you." Alex smiled at her friend softly soon growing into a huge beaming grin.

 Clary cracked with a Cheshire grin breaking on to her face, "Yes! I'm so happy. But weird thing is, is that they liked the assigned work but freaked over the drawings for the graphic novel you and Simon have been making." she frowned with a large grin on her face.

"Well, congratulations. And you're welcome." She turned to Simon and Spoke, "what is the deal with you and what's her name?" She frowned trying to think of her name, Mary-no , Mildred -no- her train of thoughts were interrupted when Simon told her her name.

"Maureen?" He frowned tilting his head to side with his eyebrows puckering in to the middle.

"Yes, that's her. So what's the deal? Are you two dating?" She wiggled her eyebrows at the last part.

"No! We are not dating. We just sing together occasionally." He said all flustered in the face.

"Oh are you coming to gig tonight or are you going to stay in tonight and read again?" He raised his eyebrows, mocking her as she was guilty for bailing on social events to read or write.

"Uh-both are good options..." She paused to create tension, "But I will come to gig since I arranged it for you." She smiled her dashing smile at him wrapping her arm around his neck as if she was going to take him into a headlock - which she almost did.

"Me too, I'll come. And How can someone so perceptive and smart as you see that the person right in front of you is in love with you." Clary said tilting her head to the side.

"Trust me. I'm not the only one." He said while sipping his latte. 

Alexandra was very aware of Simon's huge crush on Clary, and at this point was so unfazed. In hope to avoid becoming a third wheel again, she plucked her bookmark out of the pages of her book, and began reading, completely unaware of her surroundings.  Just moments later, She felt a push on her arm and looked up to see Simon asking her if she was coming, she nodded closing her book putting it under her arm.