"I thought you didn't want me." Donna says, wiping at her watery eyes.

"I'm sorry for making you feel that way. I just need to feed to get you guys out. I'm sorry Donna." Ryan takes a step closer and reaches out wiping at Donna's tears, before wrapping his arms around her. My frown slowly leaves, watching as Donna hugs him back.

I guess it all was just a misunderstanding.

"Are we cool?" Ryan asks me. I give him a nod telling him everything is cool between us.

"Cool, so where are we headed to. I don't think the forest is a good place for us to be right now. They'll be searching the forest for us." I'm sure they are looking for us now, but we covered our scent and put enough distance between us to buy us some time.

"We're going to help some friends, I'll explain everything once we get there," I tell him, needing to get to Max and Lester.

"How far away are we?" Ryan ask.

"We should be there in like an hour or two."

"I think it would be a good idea if we left the forest and travel through the city the rest of the way there, so we won't run into any wolves or vampires in this forest." He's right, we got wolves and vampires after us. The forest isn't a good place for us to be right now. The city will be much safer for us. If they do find us they won't attack us in the city around humans.

"I'll go into the city and get you both clothes, just stay here I'll be right back." He places a kiss on the top of Donna's head.

"Be careful," Donna tells him before he quickly takes off into the night, disappearing through the thick trees.

Once Ryan gets back with the clothes we leave the forest going into the city.

We make our way through the big city. The night is still young, so there are many humans still out walking and driving the streets. Out of nowhere, Ryan pushed Donna and me up against the side of a building.

"Wolves." Was all he said. I peek around the corner to see wolves going into a hotel. It seems like a whole pack. I don't know if this city is claimed by a wolf pack or a vampire coven. Maybe it's free land, but I'm not trying to stick around to find out.

We move through the blind spots of the city as fast as we can without bring attention to ourselves. Once we finally got to the lake house I walk inside and the scent of blood hit me. The living room looks like a tornado been in here.

"Max!" I call out to him, praying I get an answer.

"We're in here!" I hear him say. I walk into the room and see Max sitting there with a couple of bruises and cuts on his face.

"I was starting to worry that something happened to you guys." Max holds his side struggling to stand up.

"Are you okay?" I walk over to him helping him to his feet.

"Few cuts, bruises, and a couple broken ribs but I'm okay. It's Lester who needs help." He points down to Lester laying on the couch. I look down to see deep claw marks across his chest and stomach. The claw marks are so deep that I can see his rib bones at the bottom of the bloody wounds. Pieces of his skin are hanging like ribbons, he's in really bad shape.

"Is there a first aid kit here? I need to clean, stitch, and dress his wounds." Donna quickly gets down on her knees beside Lester.

"Not that I know of." We never needed to use a first aid kit, we would just heal. Max told me that they weren't healing, but I was in such a big rush that I didn't stop to think that they would need medical supplies. Now Lester could die and it would all be my fault.