Chapter 5

It's been a day since Maddox, I guess it's ok to call him that in private, showed up. After one of the most embarrassing moments of my life I took a shower and couldn't stop thinking about everything that had happen. My Father gave the three of them a tour yesterday and came back to yell at me for disrespecting the alpha and him.

I was praying and hoping that yesterday would just go completely normal. I was supposed to stay quiet while the new Alpha walked into the pack, he'd talk to my Father a little and I'd go home only ever speaking to the alpha...well never. But that didn't happen, obviously.

I can't believe the Alpha saw me practically naked. I groan at the thought and pray I don't have to see him for at least a week, he'll probably be to busy with getting to know the pack.

It's already mid day and I've stayed in my room all day, I didn't want to be out there anyways. I lean back against my bed and sigh, it feels like I haven't run in ages and at this point I feel like I might explode. I'm getting out of here.

I slip down stairs as quiet as possible, hoping everyone is to busy to notice me. I peak around the corner to see my mom talking to my dad.

"Can you believe Everly? We're ruined" my Mother complains dramatically

"Alpha didn't say anything on the tour, we'll be fine" my Father says boredly and goes back to reading the paper

"I swear that child-..." I don't hear the rest, I slip past the stairs and head for the back door. I hear someone come down stairs so I open the door and squeeze out quickly into the fresh air. I don't take my time, I hastily run into the the woods behind my house and run as fast as I can to my usual running ground.

It's far out in the woods, I've never seen another wolf out here. It's cloudy today and calm, the pine trees sway in the wind and birds chirp in the distance. I smile as I get into the open field, small yellow wild flowers litter the grass and I smile feeling giddy just thinking about running.

I fall back in the grass and look up into the cloudy sky, black birds fly across the grey horizon. I smile closing my eyes and feeling the breeze drift past me, the grass tickling my exposed arms. I jump up and before I even realise it I change into wolf form, shredding my clothing.

I leap up and down and inwardly smile, god it feels like forever since I've shifted. I look down at my paws and legs, yup still black fur. I can't think about feeling sorry for myself or thinking I'm weak right now. I feel strong so for right now I am telling myself I'm strong. Changing feels like stretching after being cooped up in a little box, it feels like being able to scream after your lips are glued shut, it feels amazing. I sigh and run around the open field, I have to stay quiet just incase someones around but I still allow myself to let loose.

I let my claws dig into the dirt under me and race around the circular opening. God this is so great, it feels amazing to let loose like this, to not feel the pressure of my family's and the packs disgusted eyes on me. How could I feel this good, this powerful, and not be strong? Whatever, wether I'm weak or strong it doesn't effect them.

After over an hour of running and being silly I finally calm down and just when I'm about to shift back I realise something. I don't have any clothes...I shredded them. Shit. Maybe someone has a stash of clothes out here. I sniff around trying to find something to cover up with.

Finally I find a stash of clothes and figure out its actually Logan's. I feel a little weird stealing his clothes but it's the first thing I found. I quickly shift and pull the white t shirt over my head, it comes down to the top of my thighs and the only other thing is a pair of jeans. I wish he had shorts or boxers but I'll try this.