"Oh come on! You can't pull the 'silent treatment', Vanch!"

She opened her car door and slammed it shut.

Darn it. I hurriedly knocked on her window and silently thanked the heavens when it eventually was rolled down.

"Vanch, stop acting like this," I begged.

"Like what? Charlie."

"Like a jealous girlfriend!"

Something familiar flashed in her eyes as she spat out angrily, "I'm your best friend, Charlie. But it doesn't mean that I take your lies lightly, especially when it has something to do with your work." And with that, she zoomed off.

I sighed and went to my car.

"Hey, Charlie!"

I turn around and saw Riley jogging towards me.

"Yup?"

"You're stupid" She smiles sarcastically before entering my car.

"Uh excuse me-"

"You're excused." She waved me off.

Wha-?

"Leave my car, Riles."

"Nope." She turns around and smiled at me. "Give me a lift to Emily's house and I'd tell you where Vanhel is going."

I raised an eyebrow, "How would you know where you're going?"

"She's close with me." She rolled her eyes, "Duh."

I scoffed, "I'm her best friend and I don't even know where she's going!"

"I'm a girl and she's a girl. We have chemistry you guys don't have."

Fine.

"You better tell me honestly, you brat," I muttered as I entered my car and drive towards Emily's house.

~-~

I parked my car in one of the empty lots of this ice cream shop me and Vanch loves so much.

Of course, we've been here.

I was about to turn off the engine when Vanch walks out with a very familiar guy beside him.

Bean.

Bean is a fellow Underground fighter, a good one in that. He may be new but he's good, and that says a lot coming from me, the son of a legend named Langster.

What is she doing with him anyway?

I furrowed my eyebrows as she laughed and entered her car with him riding shotgun.

Do they know each other?

It's not impossible, it really isn't. Vanch always visits me in the Underground so there really is no doubt on why she knows him. But hanging out with him? That's another story.

I turn on my engine when she turned her's on.

And then I started following her to wherever she was going.

~-~

I don't know where this best friend of mine is going, but we are literally currently in the middle of nowhere.

So I decided to call her.

"Haloo?" She answered.

I swallowed, "Vanch, hey."

"What...?" She muttered silently.

I sighed, "I'm sorry, I really am."

"Yeah, sure, whatever."