[3] beautiful darkness

"I'm scared of falling, I'm scared of flying, I'm also scared of failing. But I'm more scared to be left here alone with my dangerous thoughts."

****

t h r e e; beautiful darkness

.

I wipe away a layer of sweat from my forehead, using the outer part of my sleeve. Despite the shining hot burning ball of light is up om its highest throne, Yoon insisted on making me and Yona wash the dirty clothes—now. Hak and the boys are out and about somewhere Jae-Ha mentioned as a 'trip for the gentlemen', even when Yoon refuse to come along in their trip of foolishness. I sigh, my vision disrupted when a ray of light hit my pupils, blobs of black filled my sight. Carrying this heavy burden of clothes on a hot, hot day is certainly not a good way to forget.

Curse this, I said it again. This way I'll never get my mind of what I saw last night, in a dream that is. Yona already gone back to the camp when I was still washing and stitching up torn clothes—legacy of Hak and Kija's little argument. If only their definition of 'little' isn't as twisted as Jae-Ha's definition of a place full of memories (which—according to him—is the red light district).

I mumble a relieved sigh and take the last sheet of dirty cloth left—thank the heavens that it's not a loincloth or something other I'd rather not touch or even come close to it. I believe that Yoon has already told (more like bossed) them to wash their own undergarments. And I can't even give Yoon enough appreciation for that.

The water in this little pond is clear, gives off this earthy smell, and cool—like how water should be. I wash my hands from the water inside of a bucket, before tucking strands of hair that interrupt my gaze. I can see a reflection of myself vividly on the transparent yet bluish water—a reflection of someone I'm not familiar with, silver hair, crystal blue eyes, and a pale but healthy complexion. I just knew how slanted my eyes are, it's sharp and could be menacing if I tried.

Just randomly, have you ever thought of being someone you never know?

'Have you?'

My eyes split open, I instantly drop the bucket I was going to carry back to the camp and fell into the ground so ungracefully. After blinking my eyes one or maybe three times, I wipe my face and rub my eyes—this all isn't real, I'm going out of my mind.

'But aren't we all, my dear?'

For the love of god, this is real. How?

The alluring voice let out a chuckle, the voice sounds like a woman's, thick and rich but also slightly hold a certain depth of wiseness and experience in it. I wonder, whom might she be? Having all every human being could want—wisdom, intelligence, and charm.

'My dear, I'm still here.'

'How is this even possible?'

'You owe me something, Kyouka.' Her tone dangerously low, sending impulses down my spine and to my toes. 'Something you've forgotten about.'

'Then!' I protest with every strength I have left in my body, calling out every courageous fiber to act out—right about now. 'It wasn't my fault if I paid it or not, no?'
I can feel a smug smirk playing on the creature's lips, despite her not taking a single form, her everything sounds and acts familiar—almost if I knew her. I shake off the thought away like it's a pebble amongst precious gold. 'Of course every debt must be paid, even when you remembered doing it or not, or it wouldn't be fair to me, hmm?'