Thunderstorms

Aphmau heard the rain start to shower the roof to her house, she clenched her purple blanket and took her attention off of Romeow and Meowlet on Wattpad, staring at the water drops trailing down the wet glass window across the room.

"Meeeepp...!"

There was a loud sound of thunder rolling in the distance, and it became louder.. And then stopped, calming Aphmau down, only for a little bit, though.

It only became quiet so a CRABAM! could be heard and a flash of bright, white light shone up Aphmau's bedroom.

Aphmau instinctively threw the blanket over her head and quickly dialed Garroth, her crush since they were 5.

She quickly tapped the buttons on the bright screen, trembling, and held the phone up to her ears with shaky hands.

As she waited for Garroth to answer, she kept silent staring at the window, watching the rain from outside and lightning bolts in the distance, fog arising from the other houses.

"Hellur?" He asked, giggling. Aphmau stayed silent and waited for Garroth to realize why he called her, "TEEHEE!~ Why, you are awfully qui-- oooooohhhh... Be right there, Aph!" He assured confidently.

"Thank you...!" She squeaked, going back under the warm fuzzy blanket and shutting her eyes tight.

Garroth hung up and Aphmau curled up in a ball, clutching a handful of the purple fuzz in her small fists, worrisomely waiting for Garroth to knock on her front door downstairs.

Aphmau knew she should have been polite and waited downstairs for him, so when he knocked he wouldn't have to quickly play some hide and seek to find her, but she was too scared to move.. She wanted Garroth to understand that.

Aphmau peeked her left eyeball out from under her purple, fuzzy blanket and looked at the window once more, thunder was rolling again, making Aphmau thump her foot against the bed frame faster.

She covered back up, still trembling and slowly ignoring her eyelids growing heavier, passing out.

///\\\///\\\///\\\

"Aph... Aphmau, wake up.. The storm is dying down a bit!" Garroth said, shaking her shoulders.

"Hmm?? Who-- Garroth?!" Aphmau asked, holding her heart, "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"I'm.. S-Sorry..." He sighed apologetically, turning away but smiling and facing back at Aphmau, "Would you like to come sit in the garage with me and watch the rain?" He asked her, Aphmau sensing the pleading in his mesmerizing light blue eyes.

She shook her head simply, "No thank
y-you..."

She blushed, making Garroth half-frown, "Pllleeeaaassseee?? It'll be so fun, I promise!" He begged, interlocking his fingers together with his hands and swaying them back and forth, pleading.

Aphmau tucked her bottom lip under the top as she thought. "... Okay.. I'm just scared, Garroth.." She admitted.

He put one of his his hands on her knee, she was sitting with her legs cross-crossed, Garroth at the foot of the bed.

"I know, Aph.. You'll be okay... I'm here for you." He told her, making her look down and blush.

After a few seconds of silence, Aphmau spoke; "Let's go in the garage."

||||||||||||||||

Garroth opened the door for Aphmau, "Ladies first...!"

Aphmau smiled and tipped her head, slowly walking towards the garage door an sitting in a chair, Garroth following and plopping down in the chair next to her.