1.) birthday disaster

Chapter 1: birthday disaster

It was my 16th birthday and my family let me go to Italy all by myself. Honestly, I wish they could come, but they said that I have the independence to take this trip alone. I was happy about that, I actually have independence and trust. My mid-length, black, wavy hair was put down and my brown eyes lit up when I saw the castles of Volterra. The waiting room was long and boring, and I wasn't patient. AT ALL. So I snuck off and obviously got lost. I kept on walking until I was standing in front of two large wooden doors. I'm stupid. So very stupid.

I knew that as soon as I opend the door, a teenage boy, around my age, grabbed me in a headlock. I was about to scream, but he quickly covered my mouth. I stood still, completley in shock and confusion of what was going on. I looked in front of me and saw a man who looked in his 40's. I began sobbing, knowing this wouldn't be a happy ending for me. The man spoke,"look what we have here..." he turned to face three other people,"Edward, Alice, remember if Bella isn't changed, we will kill her." They gave him a faint nod and left. A girl, Bella I asume, whispered "good luck" to be before she walked out.

The boy who held me spoke,"What shall we do with her master?" The man looked at me up and down,"I don't know Alec, something about her confuses me. We could see if she's of use to or...we can kill her." This set me off. I began squirming in the boy's clutches. Or at least, tried to. He was so strong, I could barely move. The boy threw me across the floor to the old man,"Don't scream if you know what's good for you.", he said with an edge of hostility in his voice.

I looked up with pleading eyes. "Please let me go", I begged. "I'm afraid I can't do that.", The man said, "you see, we're vampires. My name is Aro, the two behind me are Cauis and Marcus, The girl is jane, The two in the corner are Demtri and Felix, and the boy is Alec." He pointed at to each and every one of them. I looked up, "But why do you want ME?!" Aro looked at me, "you may be of some use to us, and we can't let you leave or you could tell our little secret."  I've always heard of vampire legends, but I now know they're true. "Give me your hand, dear.", Aro said. Fear was rushing through me, so I did as I was told. "Spectacular!", he began, "I can't see anything...Jane, make sure she's a mental sheild, won't you?" She looked,"Of course, master." And she stared at me with a devious smile. I knew something was supposed to be happening, but nothing was changing. Aro spoke, "Marvelous! What's your name, my dear?" "Scarlett...", I said, "Scarlett Dove."  "Well Scarlett...you have two choices. Become one os us or become our next meal.. What shall it be?"  I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How dare he give me such repulsive choice?!  My eyes shifted to the door.

I took off without warning. I ran as fast as I could, but soon enough, Alec grabbed me. He held my face roughly,"Answer the question!", he hissed. He threw me across the floor, but this time, harder. I let out a small shriek. "Are you implying you want to die?!", Aro said. So many things were going through my mind,"NO! But I want to go home...to my family!" Aro began to get angry,"Either way, you will never be able to see them again, now make a choice Scarlett!" Tears were now pouring down my face onto the prefect marble tiles. "Alright...change me.", the words came out before I could even stop them. Aro lit up, "Marvelous! Alec, take Scarlett to her room." In an instant, Alec was next to me. That's when I really noticed him. His brown hair, pale skin, red lips, his muscular body, and those perfect black eyes. Pitch black to be more precise. I began to get up, but fell down instantly. There was a piercing pain in my ankle,"Ahh! My ankle, I twisted it. Actually YOU did Alec, why did you throw me across the floor?!" He smirked. He's a sadist, no doubt about it. "sorry.", he said with a small chuckle.

Before I knew it, Alec picked me up bridal style and was carrying me to my room. I quickly looked down hiding the blush rushing to my cheecks. 

When Alec brought me to my room, I was furious,"What is this?!" "Your room?", he said obviously confused. The fury inside me just continued to grow,"NO!...I...I mean what IS this?? Why do you want me? I had to give up my whole life and family for you people!" Alec just stared at me as if he was actually feeling sorry for me,"Scarlett...We're the Volturi. We make sure the other vampires don't break any of the rules. Almost all of us have powers. I take away senses, Jane inflicts pain. Demetri's a tracker. Felix is stronger than other vampires. With one touch, Aro knows everything about you. Marcus senses relationships...and you...you can block almost all of our powers. You're a mental shirld. That's why Jane couldnt hurt you."  I followed each and every one of his words. It's been only one day and I already have to take in so much information. "Ok...Alec, this is gonna sound stupid, but will the transformatoin be painful?" He didn't say a word. He just looked out of the window. "Alec...", I began,"Please tell me. I deserve to know."  "Scarlett," he said, "let's just say it won't be the greatest pleasure."  And at that, he left.

COMMENT!