Recovering, Chapter 7

**Yay, the next chapter is finished !!! Only a day later wow ! Lol, if you guys want to see a trailer on Instagram for my next story, check out the details at the end of the story ( Enjoy the chapter ;D )**

Gabriella's POV
"Gabriella? Gabriella ? Are you okay ? " Those few words, they just kept repeating themselves over and over. What did they mean ? Most importantly, who was saying them ? My eyes fluttered open and my vision blurred as they tried to adjust to the light. I rubbed the back of my head and yawned, feeling disoriented. All I could see was a person standing in front of me, who seemed to look like a boy, but I couldn't tell for sure. My eyes were still adjusting. Then I heard a big gasp of relief come from him. When my eyes finally adjusted, I realized who it was.
"Oh, thank goodness." He whispered to himself. I squinted at him and tried to focus on his eyes. They looked, worried and tired. But why ? What I couldn't understand was why this person looked so familiar. It was almost like I had seen him before. But where ? He suddenly bent down beside me and kissed my cheek.
"Hey, sweetie, you feeling okay ?" He whispered to me. I was shocked. He was so gentle, and sweet. It was amazing. Even though I couldn't exactly remember who this was, he made me feel safe anyway. I nodded at his question.
"I-I think so..um...who are you ?" His eyes widened. He took my hand and squeezed it gently.
"Sweetheart, it's me....Troy." He looked deeply concerned. Troy. That name sounded so familiar. I thought really hard for a moment, but it just didn't really ring a bell. I sighed. Just then a tall man walked in with a long white coat with pockets and a clipboard in his hand. I guessed that must've been the doctor. He had such a loud voice which hurt my delicate ears. I saw that boy pull him into the hallway to talk. I had a hard time trying to hear what they were saying, but I heard some of it.
".... What's wrong, why can't she remember me ? " He asked anxiously.
" Don't worry, it's perfectly normal, she'll be a little disoriented for a while. She should be back to normal after about a day or two. It's usually just temporary." The doctor replied. The boy's big blue eyes widened again. I did seem to like that about him. I'd never seen eyes so blue.
" USUALLY ?" He shouted nervously. The doctor quickly responded.
"Shhh ! Not too loud." He warned. The boy nodded and rolled his eyes. The doctor continued.
"Just, familiarize her with her surroundings. Take her places she's been to before and remind her where she is. Help her remember her friends and family. Thing like that." Again the boy nodded. The two of them walked back into the room. I just sat there in shock with open, wide eyes. The tall boy came back over to me. I smiled at his floppy, messy brown hair and sparkling blue eyes. He was so cute. I only wished I could remember him. Was he my brother or something? I looked at his eyes again. That's a shame. He would make a really cute boyfriend. I smiled at the thought. He caught my smile and smiled back softly.
"Come on cutie, it's time to go home. " He said as he tapped my nose and smiled. I giggled softly and nodded. I asked again "um... excuse me,can I ask you a question?" He laughed.
"Of course you can." He kissed my forehead. I nodded.
"Who are you ?" I repeated. The boy frowned again. He sighed.
"Remember sweetie ? It's me, Troy." He said hopefully. I frowned too and shook my head.
"No, who are you ?" He looked confused for a second but then seemed to understand.
" Oh, I get it, sweetheart, I'm your boyfriend. " He explained. My eyes widened and I smiled brightly. I was so happy. I whispered to my self. Yes !! Troy heard me and laughed. He grabbed his car keys and held out a hand for me. I smiled and took it. We walked out after the doctor said it was okay to go. Troy drove us home and he closed the door behind us as we walked into the house. The house looked so familiar, but I couldn't remember. Great, another thing I have to remember. I sighed and sat on the couch. Troy followed and sat down next to me. He stroked my hair gently and kissed my cheek again.
"You okay ?" He asked sweetly. I sighed again.
"I just..I want to remember, Troy. I want to remember my life, my house, my friends, I want to remember you. " I dropped my head into my hands. Troy rubbed my back softly and hugged me.
"Aww, Gabs, shh, it's okay, it's okay." He lifted my chin up and looked in my eyes.
"You know..I never told you this but..one time, when I was little, I fell really hard while I was playing basketball and I hit my head." I gasped at his story. He continued.
"..and when I woke up.. I was in the hospital, just like you. I had temporary memory loss, but it was okay, because my mom and dad helped me get through it, and eventually my memory came back." I gasped again. Troy laughed softly.
"We're you scared ?" I asked curiously. He nodded.
"Yeah, I was really scared, but it only took about a day and a half to get my memory back, it wasn't as bad as I thought." He explained. I nodded.
"At least your okay now." I added quickly. He smiled.
"..and so will you be. Trust me, your memory will be back before you know it."
" You really think so ?" I asked. He nodded.
"I'm absolutely sure of it." He assured. I hugged him and my eyes began to force themselves shut as he softly rubbed my back and sang quietly and gently into my ear. I shook his arm lightly and yawned.
"T-Troy, no stop, I-I don't wanna sleep y-yet." I yawned, fluttering my eyes. He laughed.
"Sweetie, you need some sleep it's getting late. " He warned as he gently stroked my hair and rubbed my back soothingly, trying to make me fall asleep. I eventually gave in and fell asleep with Troy right next to me.