Laryngitis, Chapter 2

Gabriella's POV
Tears streamed down my face as I shook in fear, Laryngitis, what's that, and how serious is it ? Will I ever be the same ? Suddenly Troy and the doctor caught my look, to my surprise the doctor started laughing, was he serious? How could he possibly think this was funny ? Then Troy smiled at me. Was I loosing my mind ? I gave them both confused looks.

"Don't worry it's not that serious" The doctor assured. My eyes darted back and fourth between the doctor and Troy. Troy gave a small chuckle at me.
"Sweetie, do you even know what Laryngitis is ? I shook my head at him.
" Don't worry, it just means that you lost your voice, temporarily. " He said simplifying it for me. I just nodded.
" He's right,usually takes about 2-3 days to go away, if treated properly. I recommend you spend the next few days resting your voice, away from others, as Laryngitis can be contagious. " The doctor explained. Again I just nodded in silence. What other options did I have ?
"Do either of you have any questions ? " The doctor asked. I had a million questions, but I just sat there, shaking my head no, with nothing to say, literally. Troy seemed to have a few. I could tell by the look on his face.
"I have one. So what about school ? Can Gabriella still go ? " Troy asked concerned. The doctor shook his head. " In order to prevent anyone else catching Laryngitis, I strongly recommend that Gabriella stay home resting for at least a week. Then have her come back in for a check-up and we'll see if she's ready from there." Troy looked disappointed.
" It's the only way she'll heal properly" The doctor added.
"We understand. " Troy replied.
"Are there any other questions, comments, or concerns ?" The doctor asked once more. Troy and I both shook our heads.
"Alright then, I believe we are done here, you two are free to go." The doctor said, leaving the room. Troy got up and walked over to me.
"Hey, don't worry" he said, lifting my chin up. " We'll get through this" He took my hand and gently squeezed it. "Together !" I just nodded, that was all i could do, not being able to talk was like being invisible, no one noticed me or even knew i was there. It was like everyone thought I was a robot with no feelings, and if I had any, no one cared. There was nothing I could do about. I felt so alone. Tears filled my eyes at the thought. Troy kissed my forehead.
"Hey, What's wrong ?" He whispered gently. "Why are you crying?" Troy squeezed my shoulders gently and rubbed my back while he whispered soothing words into my ear. He knew why I was really upset. I knew he just wanted me to admit it.

Troy's POV
There we were laying in the doctor's office. We should've left by now but, I wasn't going to just leave with Gabriella crying. I had to at least try to make her feel a little better. I hated watching her cry, it made me sick inside, and I knew exactly why she was upset. It's because she's worried about how it will be the rest of the week, without me while I'm at school and she's at home. The truth is I was worried too. I don't know how I'll survive school knowing she's at home, alone and scared, and can't ask anyone for help. Tears fell from my eyes as the thought crossed my mind. Why did this have to happen ? It's all my fault, if only I hadn't pushed her to sing all night long, this wouldn't have happened. Suddenly, I felt a tug on my arm.
"You ready to go home now ? " I asked. Gabriella nodded. I took her hand and we waked outside towards the car. She got in and I closed the door for her. I jumped in the car too and drove back home. When we finally got back to my house, I let Gabriella out of the car and we walked in the house.
"Mom ? We're home " I shouted. My mom heard me and came into the living room, and then suddenly she stopped.
" What happened ? " She asked as she looked at me and then noticed Gabriella looking down at her feet. Until now, I hadn't even noticed how depressed Gabriella looked. It was starting to concern me.
" We just got back from visiting the doctor. Gabriella has Laryngitis and now she can't talk or go to school for at least a week. " I explained.
"Aww, the poor thing. " My mom sighed sympathetically.
"Yeah, I know, it's awful" I sighed.
"Well, just standing here won't do her any good, why don't you take her to your room and let her rest, she looks tired and worn out. " My mom suggested. I smiled.
"Okay, we'll be in my room if you need us. " I whispered. My mom nodded. I took Gabriella to my room and gently closed the door. I let her lay on my bed as I sat down beside her. I turned on the TV but I lowered the volume so that it didn't startle her. She stirred a little at first, but then curled up into my side and fell back asleep. I watched as she slept peacefully in my arms.

Gabriella's POV
After a long stressful day, there I was sound asleep in Troy's comforting arms. I was so exhausted from all the news and the drama today that I just couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't keep an eye open. I just hoped that I would at least sleep peacefully.

Gabriella's Nightmare
Rain poured down my back as I ran and ran trying to find my Troy's house in the pitch black darkness.
"Troy !! TROY !!! TROY !!! I yelled as I ran faster and faster. Eventually, my speed caught up with me and I lost my balance, sending me straight to the ground.
"Ow" I cried out. I looked down, barley able to see. There was blood dripping from my knee. Tears streamed down my face and I sat there alone and scared. No one could hear me, no matter how loud I yelled and screamed, only I knew what I was saying. Only I knew my mouth was moving. Every time I tried to scream, no sound came out. I lost my voice, of course no one would hear me. I just laid there, crying and all alone with an injured knee. Even though it was useless, I tried again. " TROY, TROY !!TROY !!!

" TROY !!! TROY !!! TROY PLEASE HELP ME !!!! " I tossed and turned as tears cascaded down my cheeks.
"Gabriella ! Gabriella wake up, it's me !! Gabriella!! It's okay, I'm right here, you're safe. " Troy whispered as he shook me and tried to wake me up. Instantly, I shot up in bed panting with tears running down my face. I looked around scared, but then I noticed Troy sitting next to me trying to calm me down.
" Shhhhh, it's okay, it's okay, you're okay, just relax. Just relax, I'm right here, it's okay, shh. " He whispered soothingly as he wiped away the tears off my face. I slowly began to calm down and relax. Troy pushed my hair back and out of my face as he continued to whisper sweet soothing things into my ear.
" That's it, good girl, good girl." I wanted to tell him everything so badly, but no matter what I did, there was no way I could speak. I cried harder at the truth. Troy just continued to say relaxing things to me.
"Shh, it's okay, it's okay, you're safe." He whispered again. He started rubbing my back, making me tired again. I was already falling back asleep again.
" Just try and get some rest angel, I'll be right here all night okay ?" Troy whispered. I yawned and rested my head on his shoulder. He kissed me on the forehead and before I knew it, I was back to sleep.

Troy's POV
I just laid there wide awake as I watched the sleeping angel in my arms. How could I go back to sleep knowing that if Gabriella has another nightmare, I won't hear her. Her inability to speak scares me. I never know when she's hurt or needs me unless I'm in the room. What am I supposed to do ? How will I help her if I'm at school ? I only knew she was having a nightmare because she was tossing and turning violently in the bed. It also might have something to do with the fact that I was up all night worrying about her. I glanced at the clock. It glowed 4:30 in red numbers. I needed my sleep as badly as Gabriella needed hers. I laid back and tried to close my eyes. Eventually I dosed off and was able to get some rest. I just hoped the next few days wouldn't be as bad as I'd imagined.

** So that's the end of this chapter. I hope you guys liked it, let me know what you guys think so far, should I continue ? What do you guys want to see in the next chapter ? Comments are appreciated. Chapter 3 will be up soon ;D **