Chapter 21| Craig

As soon as Tweek dragged me out of that room, he took me to the bathroom and washed the blood off of my hands. He then asked me why I freaked out, and told me off for embarrassing him in front of the whole group.

I lied.

Obviously.

Why the hell would I tell him that I was jealous?

I said that I saw a spider on his shoulder and that I am terrified of spiders. Which may be true, and now he unfortunately knows that. So now Tweek knows my two deepest secrets. My love of The Wizard of Oz, and my phobia of spiders.

But now I have another, deeper secret. The fact that I find him extremely attractive and that I have devolped a huge crush on him.

I actually dreamt about him last night.

It wasn't very Christian.

And him holding my hands while carefully washing the dried blood away haven't helped that fact. His hands are so soft, and he's so gentle. He held my hands like the smallest amount of pressure would cause agonising pain. He made sure the water wasn't too hot, or too cold. Hell, he even used his shirt to dry my hands thinking that the paper towels would hurt. I never would have seen him as gentle, or his hands as soft.

Now back to the present, today is the day of the play. It being preformed in front of South Park elementary and some parents at lunch, then in front of the whole school during the last lesson and finally an after school performance for parents.

And everyone is acting crazy.

I've never been a part of a drama production, so I've never seen what it's like before the play.

Sure, I've watched some of the schools plays. I watched the performance of Matilda with Ruby, I watched Romeo and Juliet (and may have shed one tear at the end, but thankfully Nicole's snivelling and sobbing kept the attention off of me) and finally, I was dragged to the performance of The Little Mermaid.

But now I'm apart of the production. now I'm the one working behind the scenes, and it is defiantly an experience that I won't be forgetting any time soon.

Ms. Davis is randomly screaming at people, the actors are speed reading their lines and Kevin is rushing around like a mad man, making sure all of the costumes look perfect. Clyde is following him, reassuring him on anything Kevin believes is wrong. Kevin just flicks his forehead and rushes off.

"Craig!" Ms. Davis screeches, waving her hands in the air, making her bangles clang and sparkle in the harsh stage lighting, "help Esther with the set!"

I groan, and slowly walk out from behind backstage. As soon as I do, my eyes widen.

The stage is a complete mess. Boards are everywhere, props are strewn around, fake grass and mushrooms scattered about. I raise an eyebrow, and Esther shrieks in annoyance, tugging on her dark locks.

"This is so frustrating!" She shouts. "Fuck you Lola! You shady bitch!"

I approach Esther, and remove her hands from her hair. She scoffs, and stamps her foot on the ground. "Not that I care, but why is she 'shady'?" Esther sighs, and kneels down to prop up a background. It's the scene with the Caterpillar. I help her raise it, and then she rushes off to move the mushrooms to the corner of the stage.

"She's not turned up today! Period cramps apparently! Every girl gets period cramps!" She shouts, making people look this way with raised eyebrows. She ignores their gazes, and gathers up all of the props placing them backstage. "Some of us get extremely bad period pains, but we still turn up for fucking school!"