Chapter Eight ~ Malfoy Manor

Start from the beginning

"Bad Dobby! Bad Dobby!" his hissed, abusing himself further.

Grabbing his tiny shoulders, I pulled him from the doorknob and any other dangerous furniture. The creature writhed uselessly until her finally lay motionless in my arms. His green eyes moved around dangerously, looking at every aspect of the room deliriously.

"Dobby, I order you to never punish yourself in my presence." I order, trying to pump as my authority into my voice as possible.

"Dobby understands... Dobby is used to orders..." he sighed, looking slightly forlorn.

"It's not an order for me, it’s for you!" I begged, trying to make him see that I wasn't like his masters.

"I understand." he replied, nodding slowly.

"Now, you say that you don't like it here... Why?" I questioned, hoping to retrieve the information from him.

"Dobby must go now." he quickly stuttered, before running out of the room and down the hallway.

Stepping outside, I realised that I hadn't the faintest idea where the dining room was, so I warily walked over to Draco's room to ask. Knocking quietly, I heard no answer, so I opened the door slowly. I saw a brief glimpse of a long Slytherin banner before Draco stormed down the hallway.

"We were you! Didn't that useless sack of bones bring you to the dining hall?" he growled, grasping my forearm as he led me through the hallways.

"Um... No I sent him away." I replied, hoping to keep my newfound air of superiority.

"We fed your pet, too." he continued, still dragging me through this maze of a house.

Eventually, I found myself in a long, regal dining hall. The unimaginably large table was laden with food; thought there was only four of us gathered. Sitting myself opposite Draco, I slowly placed some chicken and vegetables on my plate.

"Father, you wouldn't believe it, but a stupid mudblood know-it-all, Hermione Granger, has practically taken over our classes!" drawled Draco, exaggerating Hermione dramatically.

"That's why I wished to send you to Durmstrang! None of that filth would ruin your education..." muttered Lucius, his face screwing up with distaste.

"Durmstrang is awfully far away... and I don't want my boy becoming a mindless Death Eater!" snapped Narcissa, before receiving a hideously furious look from her husband.

The dinner continued in silence, peppered with Narcissa's frequent glances at her husband. I saw that her love for him was strong, and perhaps his was strong for her as well. I envied her momentarily, until I thought of the hidden books.

She had made a connection with a piece of literature, yet she hid it from her families view. Pushing my empty plate from myself quietly, I smiled and excused myself from the table. Though I didn't know the way back to the bedroom that i inhabited, I had to escape the toxic family.

Walking in to the room beside the dining room, I saw a tiny built-in cupboards, small enough to fit me and close enough for me to over-hear the conversation as it unfolded. After Narcissa's insistent apologies, Lucius finally said something of interest.

"The diary... Chamber of secrets... Heir of Slytherin... Mud-bloods!" was all that I managed to hear, as Lucius raised his voice to pronounce the words with all of his pent up rage.

Hearing Draco's quiet 'Goodnight' directed to his parents, I jumped out of the cupboard and sprinted out of the empty room. Leaning Quickly against the outer wall further down the hallway, I waited patiently for him to arrive. I decided that the only thing that I could to get the information that I needed was to flirt.