Chapter Four ~ Exploration

"Where to?" I whispered to Leon, looking around hesitantly in case I was to be confronted again.

Follow me!

I couldn't believe that Hermione Granger, the girl I saw admired, hated me. I also realised that I had probably misjudged Ron, because he seemed rather nice... Until he heard about my Uncle, that is. 

Suddenly, I remembered my encounter with the purple professor, who left at the questioning of my last name. Something told me that he did in fact know of the name, but was refusing to tell me... Shaking my head, I continued to follow Leon to his mysterious place of choosing.

I could hardly believe that he knew where to go, seeing as he usually shrunk away when we were faced with the shifting staircases. However, today he ran through the staircases without a care in the world. It was me who was nervous today, because I trusted an animal to take me safely to an unknown destination.

Soon enough, we were standing at the bottom of a spiralling staircase, leading up a familiar tower. Mulling it over in my head, I tried to place where I had seen this tower before.

"Ravenclaw tower?" I gasped, looking down to Leon's tiny brown eyes.

Trust me.

I took a tentative step, before running up the stairs to reach this surprise. I tried to think of when Leon had even had the time to go exploring on his own, seeing as he was by my side night and day. Then I remembered, the Forbidden Forest. Though it was only yesterday, he still had time to explore, I suppose.

Eventually, a long passageway stretched out before us, inviting me forward. Anxiously walking forward, I looked around at my surroundings. Beautiful stone arches leaped down the walls of the passageway, making lovely window to look out on to the ground of Hogwarts.

Leon opened his mouth and let out a mighty yowl. For the briefest moment, he seemed like a lion roaring for attention from his clan. Pride gushed through my veins as I looked down on his beautiful red coat. 

"Leon!" breathed a youthful voice.

Looking up from my companion, I saw before me a beautiful, yet transparent, woman flying towards Leon. When she saw me, she froze momentarily, looking as if she was going to turn and leave. Leon let out a playful growl, and the woman shook her head before facing me.

She knows of your parents!

"I am Helena Ravenclaw." greeted the woman, bowing her head in respect.

I returned the respectful nod, though I was slightly confused. It was Rowena Ravenclaw, wasn't it?

 "I'm her daughter." stated the lovely ghost, her downcast eyes projecting a melancholy aura.

"I'm sorry..." I murmured, looking nervously to my feet.

I had always known that the Fat Friar roamed the Hufflepuff house, that Nearly Headless Nick resided in Gryffindor house and that the Bloody Baron lurked throughout Slytherin house, but I never knew of any Ravenclaw ghost. She looked similar to images that I had seen of her Mother, yet much less intimidating.

"Why should you be, I'm her mere offspring... I have never done anything of importance..." scowled the ghost, beginning to float out of the beautiful windows and away from me.

"Wait! I truly am sorry! But... Leon said you might know about my parents? Or, at least, my father." I cried out, desperately trying to maintain the ghosts presence.

"Leon? Oh all right, but do not bother me again if I don't know of him." she snapped, turning back to face me again.

"Riddle. His last name is Riddle!" I blurted, ringing my hands nervously.