chapter fifteen

"Okay then," Cato said, kissing her cheek gently.
Clove tried to keep her tears in. She went into her bathroom and brushed her teeth.
Cato brushed his teeth and did his hair.
Clove walked out and sat on the couch in the room between her's and Cato's.
Cato went back out to find Candice.
Clove brought her knees up to her chest and hugged them, trying not to cry. If she died during the games, so did Cato's unborn baby. But if she didn't, Cato himself would die. Why was this happening to her?
Cato found Candice. "When are the stylists coming?" He asked.
"They should be up in a few minutes." Candice informed him. "Kaiden just felt a little sick, that's all. He says he's better now and is just making himself presentable. Are you two ready?"
"Yes," Cato nodded, feeling s bit sick himself.
"Good." Candice replied. "If I were you I'd wait upstairs for the stylists to come."
"Right," Cato answered and went back to where he was before.
* * *
"Clove?" He asked.
"Yes babe?" Clove answered, trying to stop shaking.
"Are you okay?" He asked softly.
Clove looked up into his eyes and blinked away some tears. "I'm trying to be."
"Awww.." Cato wrapped his arms around her gently.
Clove put her arms around him and sobbed a little, trying to keep the tears to a minimum.
"Come on, we gotta get ready soon, you'll be okay." Cato told her.
Clove nodded her head and wiped her eyes, focusing on returning her breathing to a natural pace.
"I bet it's nothing." Cato said reassuringly.
"I hope you're right."
There was a knock on the door.
Cato looked towards the door. "Yes?"
Kaiden opened the door and walked in with Sedica, Cato's stylist, beside him. "Let's get you guys ready for your interviews!" Kaiden said, gleaming.
Cato frowned.
Clove nodded her head and stood up. She hoped Kaiden could make her look happy.
Cato went off with his stylist.
Kaiden took Clove away to her prep team. She tuned out as they got her ready.
Cato wasn't talking or observing.
Kaiden instructed Clove to get into her interview dress. She did. She looked in the mirror.
* * *
Cato was put in a tux. He hated it.
Clove was in an orange dress. Why orange? Her hair was strange. She wondered if it was a new Capitol fashion or something. But whatever it was, it wasn't what she'd been hoping for. She didn't look like an unbeatable career. She didn't look the most beautiful. She just looked like any other tribute. She would be upstaged by twelve once more.
Cato waited for his stylist's instructions.
Clove was taken out and driven to a place. She could see some other tributes lining up. She waited for Cato.
Cato soon appeared, taking his space beside clove. "Good luck." He murmured to her.
"Thank you," she whispered back. "You too. Be the strong career I know you to be."
Cato smiled slightly. "Thanks." He watched the district one's interviews.
Clove didn't know what she was going to do for hers. She decided to act tough. Clove looked at Katniss. She wanted her stylist. Clove's name was called.
"Right, so now we have the brave and amazing Clove Sevina from District Two!" Caesar said into the microphone; the crowd went wild.