Chapter Eight

A/N:  This is a bit of a longer update, and I was unsure of how to end the chapter so sorry if it really sucks. As of right now, I’m undecided about how many chapters are left. I’ll either have one really long chapter, two shorter chapters, or one short chapter with an epilogue. I’m not sure yet…but either way, this story is almost to an end. Thank you to everyone who has read it! Also, as usual I didn’t edit this, so sorry if there are any mistakes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                When everything was all said and done, Harry felt absolutely hopeless.

                He didn’t have hope for anything.

                Hell, he didn’t even want to breathe anymore.

                But for some reason, he was able to pick himself up and walk back to Niall’s place. Harry refused to talk though. He couldn’t bear to give his best friend the terrible shattering news that it wasn’t going to work out between him and Louis. He could hardly accept it himself. Niall kept bugging Harry with questions, but Sierra stayed quiet; she had a gut feeling that something had gone wrong, and she knew it was better to not ask questions.

                After a few days of sulking alone in the bed in Niall’s guestroom, Harry decided it was better to move on. He had no clue where he was going; he just knew he had to get out of here. Niall begged Harry to stay, and when he refused, he begged him to at least let him buy him some necessities. They bought Harry a few things, but when it came to clothes he refused to buy anything else besides a new pair of pajamas. So that’s what he got, and it was exactly like his blue pair except it was red. The weather was starting to get colder and a bit harsher, so Sierra sewed a matching hoodie onto the pajama shirt that he could throw up over his head and ears when it got really cold. And once he reassured the loving family that he had everything he needed and that he would be fine, he was off on his way.

                And Harry just walked. And walked. And walked.

                That was all he could do.

                He felt so lost not having some prior knowledge of a destination that he was heading to.

                On this day that he had continued walking, it was a bit chillier, so Harry had his hood up over his head. He was walking in the middle of the street on this highway. He knew it was dangerous, but he didn’t really care. It wasn’t that he was suicidal or wanted death to come; it was just that if he happened to get hit by a car and die, he wouldn’t really complain or be unhappy about it. At least he would be completely reunited with his parents again. He could see them finally instead of just hearing them.

                Only after a few minutes of walking though, a police car pulled up behind him, ringing his sirens a few times before driving up past Harry and pulling to the side. Harry looked over and immediately slowed down his walking. The police officer got out of the car. “Get out of the road,” he said, motioning for him to come over. Harry just obliged his orders and headed over to the officer. “You know there’s no hitchhiking along this high way?” the officer asked.

                Harry looked up at him and shook his head. “No, I didn’t know,” he replied back.

                “Where are you headed to?” the officer asked back.

                “No idea,” Harry immediately responded.

                The cop sighed from the vagueness. “Can I see your identification please?” he asked. Harry nodded and dug his wallet out from his bag. He pulled out his driver’s license and handed it over to the police officer. The officer looked at it for a second before laughing a bit. “Mr. Styles, this driver’s license expired over four years ago.”