Chapter Two

Ella woke up to the sound of the rain hitting her only window, as if an old lover was throwing rocks at her window, begging that she come out. She sighed softly to herself, peeling back the covers as she got out of bed, ready for the day to come. She sat at a small desk until one of the nurses had come by to unlock the door and tell her that she could come out, in which she did, hating to be stuck in such a small space with practically nothing to do.

As she made her way into the common room she immediately searched for Grace, and found her quite quickly. "There's a new girl here." Grace had immediately explained and Ella followed her gaze. The girl had been recently fried, due to the bruises on the temples of her forehead and it caused Ella to cringe softly, shaking her head as a small sigh passed her lips.

"Where's Kit?" Ella questioned and Grace looked at her for a second before actually answering, "talking to a lawyer. Told him to act batshit crazy." Ella raised an eyebrow at her statement which made Grace slightly laugh, "He's either crazy and stays here or he gets fried. For good."

"It's a shame." Ella said, her eyes moving to the door where Kit had just entered through. "Why?" She asked. "Because we both know he's not a killer or crazy." Grace opened her mouth to reply but Kit had sat down beside the two and all of a sudden she was focused on him.

"Did you throw your shit at 'em? Or even spit at him?" Kit shook his head, taking a deep breath, "I just - I couldn't do it." Grace sighed this time, shaking her head softly at him, "They're gonna kill you. You gotta do somethin to make him think you're crazy."

"But I'm not!" and this time Kit yelled at her, "I'm sorry." He almost apologized immediately, and Grace swiftly brushed the yelling away, "I know a place we can escape." She admitted, changing the subject altogether. 

"Escape?" Ella finally spoke, raising an eyebrow as she repeated what Grace had said, "don't make me laugh." Kit furrowed his eyebrows before looking back to her and she sighed softly, "that Lana girl. She spoke of how she got in here - a tunnel - we can all go through them and leave this hell."

"Grace, how the hell are we supposed to get down there, hm? They have doctors everywhere, every twist and  turn, there is no escaping." Grace sighed softly again, shaking her head, "you'll see." And that was all she said before venturing over to Lana.

"What's your problem?" I heard Kit speak up and Ella looked over to him, obviously confused yet she waited for him to continue. "Don't you wanna get outta here? You don't belong here, I don't belong here, and neither does Grace or even Lana. We all have a way to escape now and you immediately turn her down. Why is that?" By the way his eyebrows slightly furrowed made it noticeable that he truly was curious, curious why Ella believed there was no escaping - only if he knew.

"Because I've tried Kit," she paused, watching as he leaned back a bit in his seat, expecting a long story to hear, "when I first got here I tried to escape countless of times and because of that I've had countless of beatings and they have repeatedly put my head in a blender, stirring and stirring til I had little to nothing left - my parents are just a memory. I can't remember if I had a little sister or not, I think I did, like I said, can't remember." Ella could feel another migraine coming on but she continued, "they torture you, Kit." Her voice was now in a low whisper and tears began to slowly form in her eyes, "they take everything that makes you you and I just don't want to see it happen to anyone else." 

Kit watched the girl from his chair, not expecting the story he had received at all, "I'm so sorry." He spoke up in a whisper, leaning over to pull her into a small hug and after a few seconds of security Ella pulled away from him, "no PDA." She simply stated, wiping the tears from her cheeks and he nodded softly, "We're gonna get out of here." He whispered to her, making sure no one was around. "Promise?" She asked and he stayed silent for a moment,