The machine

Sans pov

I felt an inch of hope inside of me as I screwed in the last bolt of the bottom panel. I had been working with papyrus on this machine for only a day or two yet we had finished it so fast. We worked really hard on since the day we got down here. Papyrus would mostly get materials from alphys and making endless packs of pasta for the 'adventure' as I put it together and fixed the wiring. The only problem I seem to be facing is if it's all too much for him... what if he can't handle it? What if I was being too selfish, did it really matter if he didn't remember me? I stared at the now finished panel with an empty sadness filling my thoughts. I heard footsteps before a familiar voice next to me spoke, "SORRY TO BOTHER YOU BROTHER, BUT I BROUGHT LUNCH FROM GRILLBYS FOR YOU." I smiled and pushed myself out from under the machine.

Papyrus was kneeling down with a little bag full of what I could only assume was the food, "thank you paps" I sat up and took the food before placing it in front of me. I looked inside to see a burger and a whole bottle of ketchup... he knows me way too well, "oh and the machine is almost done" i smile at my younger brother who was now sitting down in front of me. "NYE HEHE! I TOLD YOU WE WOULD DO IT!" his enthusiasm made me feel butterflies as I looked at him softly, "heh, yeah." I looked back down at the bag and took out the items so I could distract myself from how much I wanted to kiss him.

"HEY SANS... WHAT IS WIFI?" papyrus asked out of the blue which made me almost choke of my food from laughter, "w-what? Why that question all of a sudden?" I gave a small laugh before looking up at him, "BECAUSE THIS WEIRD MONSTER ASKED ME FOR A LIFT AND THE PASSWORD FOR-" I cut him off instantly "don't go near that monster again... that's jerry..." papyrus looked confused "IS THAT THE ONE THAT YOU DON'T LET TEXT OR CALL YOU?" I give a nod and continued eating. The room fell silent but I wasn't awkward, papyrus was never really bored when it came to these sorts of circumstances. I think it's because he day dreams.

"Do you want some pap?" I hold up the half eaten burger as he looks at it with disgust, "YOU KNOW VERY WELL I DON'T LIKE GREESE" I gave a small laugh and a wink "you haven't tried a burger before, you don't know until you've fried" as soon as the pun left my mouth papyrus sighed loudly and face palmed himself, "IF YOU NEVER MAKE ANOTHER PUN LIKE THAT AGAIN I WILL TRY YOUR GREESE SANDWICH." He took the burger reluctantly before taking a bite, his expression softened and he swallowed the bite, "you like it?" I say with a smirk because I could tell he enjoyed it a bit "IT WASN'T AS BAD AS I INITALLY THOUGHT" he says in defeat before I chuckle, "lettuce enjoy this moment of your liking to the sandwich" papyrus death stares me before putting the burger down, "SAY ANOTHER PUN AND SO HELP ME SANS!" he threats but I can't help myself "so if I say another pun I'll be bread?"

Papyrus tried to hold back his own laughter and hold a serious face, "SANS, IM GIVING YOU ONE LAST CHANCE BEFORE I HURT YOU" his empty threats made me more tempted, "you seemed a bit stressed pap, maybe we should meat up later and talk this out" I laughed to myself before I felt my shoulders being grabbed and forced to the ground. I lay there in complete surprise looking up at papyrus who was pinning me to the floor. "I WARNED YOU SANS, NOW YOU MUST FACE THE GREAT PAPYRUS!" he smiled down at me and I melted, "just one kiss..." I mumbled, "WHAT DID YOU SA-" I pushed myself up with my elbows, before wrapping my arms around his neck and clinking teeth with him. The feeling of kissing someone you love is the most healing thing in the world. The butterflies, the warmth, everything feels so right. I licked his teeth, begging for entry but in return papyrus pulled away and got off me instantly.

I sat up and looked at him. He was sitting in his original position in front of me avoiding eye contact. The air was dead and I was too broken to cut the tension, "SANS..." Papyrus finally spoke "I KNOW WE WERE IN LOVE BEFORE BUT... I JUST DON'T HAVE THOSE SORTS OF FEELINGS FOR YOU. IM SORRY." My heart shattered "that's ok b-bro" I lied "you can't help the way you feel." I felt like crying, I felt every bone ache along with my emotional pain. "OK, WELL... I'M GOING TO REST. TELL ME IF YOU NEED ANYMORE MATERIALS FOR THE MACHINE." He got up and I felt cold, completely numb. As soon as I heard his footsteps disappear and the basement door shut, I rested my skull on my hand and gave a small whimper, "why?"

{Annnnn updateeeeee, yasssssss :D this chapter is a bit long but I hope you guys don't mind ^.^ anyway, as always- if you have any advice or suggestions please don't be afraid to comment below or private message me <3 I'll see you sinners late, byeeee}