You Do?

"What do you mean?" Alyssa asked, afraid of Dennise's wrath.

"I know that you are lying, Ahomiro." Dennise answered, not looking up to Alyssa while putting away the bloodied ice pack.

The morena gulped. "Ahehe... I guess you know me more than I do." Alyssa sheepishly smiled.

"I actually don't." Dennise this time looked at Alyssa dead straight into her eyes.

Alyssa stopped smiling and slowly leaned back. She shook her head and eyed the ground. "What do you mean?" She asked, nervously. Fearing that Dennise might know about her condition. 'How? How did she know?'

Click! Went her heart.

"I don't know you anymore, Ahomiro!" Dennise raised her voice. "Or should I say, Valdez?"

Alyssa, shocked, straightened her back and looked at the shorter girl in front of her.

"So it is true?" Dennise scoffed and faked a smile. "After all the years we've been through... You lied to me? That you're the girl who burned with his father's establishment?!"

"Wait, what?" Alyssa interrupted, confused of what Denden was talking about. "Girl? Burned? Father? Who are you talking about?"

"You! You are Alyssa Valdez! You are Ruel Valdez's one and only daughter who died in a fire." Dennise answered back.

"I don't know what you are talking about." Alyssa replied truthfully. "I... I don't remember being a daughter of a man named Ruel."

Dennise eyed her as if checking if she was saying the truth.

"It's the truth! Dennise, I don't have a father. I woke up, I was with Amy and Dr. Steven and then there you go, I met you." Alyssa explained.

"Wait, woke up?" Dennise asked.

"Yeah... I, yes, I am Alyssa Valdez but. I don't remember being a Valdez. And if I was, why?" Alyssa said.

"Then, we have nothing." Dennise replied, standing up and leaving Alyssa.

"Dennise? What?" Alyssa gaped and followed the walking girl. She grabbed the girl's arm and spun her around, holding Denden's shoulders since that Den was struggling. "Dennise what do-- what do you mean?" Alyssa said, trying to laugh it off but seeing Dennise serious she can't help but to worry. Her heart started to hiss and click, and feel like it was rusting.

"Alyssa everything that we had, forget it." Dennise gritted out and tried to swat Aly's hands away. "Let me go."

Whirr...

Click!

Click!

Her heart was like it was on self-destruct mode and it was unbearable.
"Forget it..."

"Forget it..."

"Forget it..."

It kept on repeating in the morena's mind. She stared blankly at Dennise.

"You--" Alyssa started to stutter. "You're kidding. Ri-- right?" Alyssa tried to smile. "You're joking!"

"Alyssa, you lied to me ever since we were young." Dennise spat out.

"I never lied to you Dennise! I never knew that I was a Valdez or who ever I am... I am Alyssa Ahomiro. I am an adopted daughter. I don't remember anything, Den!" Alyssa said.