Strays

"Den!" Someone called from behind.

She looked behind her to see her teammate-slash-ate-slash-best friend Fille Cainglet. Dennise grinned and hugged her back when she received one from the girl. "Hey! Sabay tayo mag lunch?" Fille invited her.

Dennise nodded and hooked her arm with Fille. They skipped down the halls to the cafeteria. They found their table and luckily was occupied by their friends.

"Aba't san kayo galing?" Dzi asked.

"Hahaha! Sinusulit ang pagiging kapitana." Jem teased the girl beside her.

"Hoy... Nagtatanong lang." Dzi replied, rolling her eyes in annoyance. "Oh... Sagot!"

Fille pouted. "Sinundo lang si bebe Den."

"I was at classes before Ate Dzi." Den answered as they sat down beside her beshie, Ella who was as always, busy eating.

Den sighed and this time was the one who pouted. "Ikaw ha!" She slapped Ella's arm. "You didn't say hello man lang saakin. Mas importante ba talaga iyang pagkain kaysa sa Besh mo?"

Ella struggled to swallow the food on her mouth. She reached for her bottle of water after. "Hi besh." Ella said curtly and returned eating her food.

"Oh? Anyare sayo?" Dennise asked.

Jem sighed and answered Dennise instead. "Stress eating ang Donya."

"Bakit?" Fille asked this time, amused.

"Ehhh... Tungkol daw dun sa manliligaw niya. Amy ba yun? Basta yung foreigner." Jem said as she stood up. "Order na ako guys. Anong gusto niyo?"

"Usual ako ate." Dennise said. She took her money from her wallet and reached it to Jem.

"Ako carbonara din. C2." Fille said also reaching the bill. Jem grasped it but Fille didn't let go. "Apple ah! I don't want lemon."

Jem saluted. "Yes ma'am. Dzi?"

"I'll go with you nalang." Dzi stood up as well.

"Ako ates longganisa, extra rice." Ella piped in.

"Pera?" Jem opened her palm.

"Libre niyo na ako, ate." Ella smiled.

"Utot mo..." Dzi smirked and started to walk away.

"Ate!" Ella shouted.

"Hahaha! Uso mag-diet, Lala." A voice said.

"Ate Gretch." Dennise greeted.

Gretchen smiled and waved. She sat beside Fille and kissed her forehead. "Hi, baby..."

"Hi best!" Fille replied.

"Ahem... Na-bestzone... Ahem." Another voice said. The girl sat on Dzi's usual seat and smirked at Gretchen.

Gretchen glared at the new comer.

"Hi ate A." Ella grumpily mumbled.