Good Morning

It's early morning on a weekend, and you awake to the scent of bacon and other breakfast foods in the air. You pull the blankets off of you, and walk downstairs. Patrick is standing there in only his sweatpants and you take a moment to admire him. He turns and notices, so you speak up, "It's dangerous to cook shirtless, y'know." He smiles and rolls his eyes.

"Eh, I'm kind of a good cook. I don't worry about it."

"Pfft. Don't come crying to me when you burn yourself."

"Ooh, sizzle." You start laughing at this. He opens his arms to you and you immediately lean into his embrace. Patrick kisses your forehead and you smile brightly. "Anyways, go back upstairs, babe. I had a special 'breakfast in bed' thing planned."

You bury your head in his shoulder for a moment before replying, "Okay. You better be there soon, though. I'm too lonely up there."

"Definitely." And with that, you go back upstairs and burrow under the covers. As you settle in, scrolling through Instagram on your phone, Patrick comes back to the bedroom soon after.

"Well, finally." You say, smiling against his lips as he kisses you, once, then twice, then a third time.

"Oh, shush. That was only two minutes."

"Two and a half, excuse you. Get your facts straight." Patrick does that one extremely cute giggle and it makes you smile as you reach for a slice of toast.

"I love you. Thanks for breakfast."

"You're welcome, and I love you too."

You both sit in silence for a few minutes eating, watching the movie that's on the flatscreen before he places his hand on yours. You look back at him, and see him gazing at you with a look that can only be described as love. He moves over you, placing his lips on yours. You return it, dropping your bacon and instead place your hand on his cheek. He stops momentarily to say, "Ew, your fingers are greasy."

"Yours are too, dummy."

•••••

Sorry that was really short. I'll write much longer imagines. I have a lot written already but I need to edit those and make sure they're good enough to post. Anyways, what do you all think?