Death Entries

Tsuna sat wordlessly at the head of the table, fidgeting and averting his eyes.

By the time he entered the meeting room with his guardians, he could see the Millefiore, the Varia and the Arcobalenos already seated.

"So..." he nervously opened his mouth.

"Explain." Reborn ordered as he put the notebook on the table.

"Um... that's a notebook...?" Tsuna answered doubtfully.

Reborn just glared at Tsuna, making him squeak in surprise. Taking the notebook, he opened it to the first entry written on it, reading it out loud for everyone else to hear.

'April 3, 2.30 a.m.
Cause of death: headshot
Fatality: Instant death
Last words: None
Reasons died: shot by an infant wearing a suit and a yellow pacifier(?)
Ways to avoid: avoid the infant.'

Tsuna just looked down in embarassment while the others held a look of horror. Reborn flipped through some pages and stopped on a random page. He then read the first entry he saw out loud.

'April 20, 1.20 p.m.
Cause of death: headshot
Fatality: instant death
Last word: Watch out!
Reason died: pushed Yamamoto and Gokudera out of the sniper's line of sight.
Ways to avoid: avoid places suited for sniping/ avoid the area/ catch the sniper/ hone my instinct/ Reborn.'

Both Yamamoto and Gokudera whipped their heads towards Tsuna, horrified to know this.

"W-when did this happened?" Gokudera shakily asked.

"Umm... if I remember correctly, that was supposed to happen when we were going home from school. But then I forced you guys to take a detour, avoiding the sniper altogether." Tsuna told them.

Reborn grimly noted that in his head, wondering how many times his student has gone through this. He flipped through more pages and stopped when a certain entry caught his attention.

'May 16, 4.12 a.m.
Cause of death: stab to the stomach, loss of blood.
Fatality: slow and painful death
Last words: Everyone...
Cause of death: stabbed with a trident by a man who has heterochromatic eyes.
Ways to avoid: avoid the man/ separate the man from the trident/ run/ destroy the trident.'

Everyone turned their heads towards Mukuro. The man in question looked as surprised as everyone else.

"Ah, that happened before we went to Kokuyo Land." Tsuna spoke up.

"Does that mean you know me from the start, Tsunayoshi?" Mukuro asked.

"Ah, no. Not really. The images in my dreams are always blurred. I only remembered how I die." Tsuna explained.

Reborn read another entry.

'June 4, 3.06 a.m.
Cause of death: shot through the chest
Fatality: instant death
Last words: Damn it... not now...
Reason died: shot by the Varia's cloud guardian.
Ways to avoid: stop that machine/ destroy it/ quickly shut it down.'

'June 11, 5.40 a.m.
Cause of death: broken bones
Fatality: instant death
Last words: No... not when everyone's still here...
Reason died: crushed by an invinsible hand
Ways to avoid: don't get caught by the hand/ defeat Byakuran/ put arm between my body and the hand to reduce the injury/ burn the hand.'

'January 26, 5.15 a.m.
Cause of death:...'

Reborn stopped halfway and shut the notebook.

The room was deadly silent, not one of them knows what to say after hearing those horrifying entries.

A loud sigh broke the silence soon after, catching their attention.

"Seriously, you guys don't have to be so down. It's not like you're the one who caused it," Tsuna cast his gaze at the occupants.

"But, those deaths..."

"Did not happen. I avoided every single death written on that page remember? I'm still here, alive and breathing, see?" Tsuna patted himself, trying to show them that he's the real deal.

"...why didn't you tell us?" Yamamoto questioned, his smile gone and replaced with a frown.

"Because I didn't want you guys to worry. Besides, this happened before I knew you guys. So I'm used to it," Tsuna smiled.

"So you've been seeing your deaths since then?" Skull asked.

Tsuna nodded. "Yes," he said. "I've been seeing and avoiding my death. You could say I'm cheating death in a way," he said sheepishly.

"Doesn't it bother you? Seeing your death?" Yuni sadly looked at Tsuna, clutching her fake pacifier in reflex.

"No, not really. Whenever I see myself dying, I don't really feel anything. Just... sad I guess. But, everyone dies eventually, right?" Tsuna shrugged with a smile plastered on his face. "Besides, some of the deaths I've seen aren't that bad. I remember that one particular dream, where I died of old age. Then there's this one dream where I died of illness, surrounded by my family. All in all, it's not that bad," said Tsuna with a fond smile.

"Do you feel it? The pain of dying I mean," Skull asked again, receiving a jab from Lal.

"Sometimes, I feel the pain of the wounds I received. Other times, I could only feel the emotions. It varies I guess." Tsuna scratched his cheeks.

"I don't really care what you did in the past but starting today, when you get that dreams of yours again, you'd better tell us, Dame-Tsuna, or else," Reborn threaten.

Tsuna nervously nodded, trembling under not just Reborn's glare, but everyone else's.

"I will," Tsuna promised.

"Good, now go to your room and get some sleep. I know you stayed up this morning, don't deny it," Reborn ordered which Tsuna obediently followed.

Just as he was about to walk out of the room, Tsuna stopped at the doorway. Turning around, he gave the occupants the biggest smile he had. "Thank you," was what he said before walking back to his room, happy and a little relieved.

'I'm so lucky to have them,' thought Tsuna happily.