Sleepless Night

Tsuna doesn't know when exactly it started, but if he had to guess, it probably occurred around the same time Reborn appeared at his front door.

Whenever he close his eyes, he would see blurred images of him, before he jolted awake with tears he doesn't remember shedding.

Instead of an eight hours of sleep, he gets less than five hours, making him sleep-deprived and distracted.

It even got worse when he became the Vongola Decimo. Now, he only got 3-4 hours of sleep, give and take.

Even sleeping pills aren't working.

Tsuna was frustrated, but he hid that with a smile. No one, not even the great hitman himself, knew about his little problem.

But they found out about it anyway when he accidently fell asleep during dinner, and jolted awake with tears flowing down his cheeks, again.

After being interrogated by his friends and guardians, joined by the Arcobalenos who were visiting, he finally relented and told them the truth.

And just as he had expected, they all exploded. It took them about one hour to calm down, but when they did, they were looking at him with worry and dissatisfaction.

"Why wouldn't you tell us?" Lal asked with a dissatisfied voice.

"I didn't want to make you worry," was what Tsuna replied.

"When did this start, Tsuna-kun?" Byakuran asked, his expression solemn and tight, opposite to his usual self.

"I'm not really sure, but I guess it started when Reborn came into my life," Tsuna explained.

"... I think I know why you're like this," Byakuran slowly spoke.

"But you won't like the reason why," Byakuran looked at everyone but Tsuna.

"What's the reason?" Reborn spoke up.

Byakuran looked down, covering his eyes with his bangs. "Whenever Tsuna suddenly wakes up, it means that somewhere, in a parallel world, his parallel-self died."

A collective gasp was heard.

"I knew this because that's what happened to me whenever my parallel-self died," Byakuran explained further.

"But Sawada-san had this since he was 13. Does that mean that many parallel-Sawada had died?" Yuni asked in horror.

Byakuran slowly nodded.

A cry of disbelief and outrage echoed withing the room.

All of it was cut short when Tsuna suddenly laughed.

"It makes sense now," he said.

"What is?" Gokudera asked.

"I've been wondering why I felt relieved even though I cried whenever I wake up suddenly. But now... now I know why." Tsuna looked up at his Family, a serene smile gracing his lips.

"Because I know that when I died, I've protected all of you until my last breath."
____________________________________

Should I continue this?