✅New School✅

(edited)

When I perform, I like to immerse myself in the music, and I just try to get off on the diversity of music

-Krist Novoselic

***

I sighed and stepped in my new school. Mrs.Smith was saying something about how prodigious the school was, but I wasn't really listening to what she was saying.

-Mss Foster?- her voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

-I was saying that your first class is here. Enjoy you day here at Lincoln Junior High- she ended her speech as I nodded my head and thanked her.

I heard her walk away and breathed in and out, in and out. I was not ready for a new beginning.

I somehow menaged to get a tiny bit of courage and I felt my stick against the door and reached for the doorknob. As I entered the classroom, everyone fell silent.

-Who might you be? And why are you late?- A raspy voice came to my ears asI made my way in.

-I'm Vera Foster, I had some troubles finding the classroom- I whispered,not so sure she heard me.

-Just take a seat and pay attention to the lesson- I swallowed the hard knot in my throat and nodded.

Whispers started between students and spread around the school within two hours.

I was walking to the bleachers, hoping there were no one in there.

I sat on the cold stairs chewing my sandwich.

-Oh hey, are you the new girl?- A girl's voice made me jerk away from the hard surface.

-Sorry,I didn't want to scare you. I'm Megan, everyone calls me Meg-

I was surprised by the speed she talked with and without giving me the time to answer she started talking again.

-Oh my god, your hair's amaizing! How many product do you use? And you have such a smooth skin!-

I felt two small, warm hands on my cheeks. Than she stopped.

-I scared you didn't I? I'm so sorry....ehm-

-Vera,I'm Vera- I felt her reach for my hand and shake it. That small gesture made something inside me lighten up. She didn't shook my hand as if I was made of glass like everyone did, she did strongly.

I smiled. -Nice to meet you Meg-

Even if I wasn't able to see her face I could tell she was excited and was smiling too. I don't know how I know this, I just do.

-So Vera, what do you love doing?- She asked as I felt her sitting at my left.

I shrugged and replied.- I like playing the piano but I'm not very good. My life's pretty boring-

She changed position, now facing me.

-That's not true, I'm sure you're very good. You're lucky you know what you like doing.- She finished her sentence with a sad tone.

-You'll find out someday. A bright girl like you has lots od opportunities out there- I gestured with my hand pointing at the city.

-I hope so-

The rest of the day went nicely as I found out that all my classes were with Meg.

When I got home I greeted my parents and ran to my room falling asleep on the bed.